Sunday, January 25, 2015

Winter Blues.


Coat: Vintage, Skirt: Delia's (last summer), Boots: Bean Boot knock-offs from who knows where at this point, Hat: J. Crew Men's, Pin: Vintage, Bag: Coach

It's getting to the hardest part of winter. I suppose I shouldn't put this in writing in case it gives me some kind of bad luck, but I'm not as miserable about the season as I usually am this point in the year.  I'll even admit that it's been kind of lame--we're pretty light on good snow so far (the weather is, of course, saying we're going to be covered in piles of snow this week but for now I'm desperate for the tiniest of dustings to cover up the bare trees and piles of salt and dirt lining the roads). I've a few outfits I haven't gotten to wear or photograph yet, and I'm determined to get them into rotation.



It helps that I visit Vermont on a regular basis, which is pretty much a prime spot for winter activities and views. This weekend has been perfect weather-wise, hovering somewhere in the 30s (basically a heatwave, I've been ice skating in the single digits until my face is numb lately) with little bits of sun and snow dustings.






I'm not sure if this qualifies as a coat exactly, but with a chunky sweater in warmer temps it works fine! This is one I left behind in the spring at an antique store, and re-discovered just in time for winter. It's one of those 60s suit/jacket/skirt sets, but I've been wearing the jacket poortion on its own. It's a shape I'm also not used to, but I love the color and feel of the wool so much!







These are the things keeping me from getting actual winter blues. Good coats, and mini-adventures in pretty scenery (somehow, everything looks better in snow), and enjoying things like piles of mossy logs.


We'll see if I feel the same in a week, whe I'm forced into a puffer coat for 7 days straight and the snow is more than just picturesque. 




9 comments:

  1. Ah, so much snow. Makes me with I had snow here. Your pictures are stunning, and I love you used the suit jacket as a coat. Perfect!!
    -Madison
    www.1minniemuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable! Love the way your hair peeks out from underneath the hat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love the coat, pin, and your dressing peeking out from the coat! Super super pretty!
    xx Sarah
    Russian Dressing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looooove that kind of oversized silhouette for coats, and it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with the blue of that jacket; fabulous outfit overall. I'm definitely going to have to start adding pins on my hats this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The coat, the hat, the boots! Such a perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also have a "coat" from a suit set that I wear in the winter - quite similar style to yours as well

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about this outfit from the cute bow brooch on your hat to the blue vintage coat! absolutely beautiful! :)

    xoxo,
    kimvee
    ohmyvintage.blogspot.com
    omvintage.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete