Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Swans in Snow.

Swan skirt in snow
Swan Skirt: c/o Sheinside, Sweater: Christmas gift, Boots: Old, old circa 2009 Christmas gift, Necklace: Camille Carnevale, Hat: Vintage from Laura's Vintage

Swan skirt in snow

One of the funny things about chronicling outfits here, is the little white lie that goes on when it comes to outerwear. I have quite a collection of coats that rarely get photographed mostly because I, a creature of consistent habit in specific areas, wear the same two throughout most of the winter. For blog posts, I hardly bother throwing on a coat unless the coat is part of the point. It's 10 degrees today, so I threw on my puffer coat and ran around the corner to photograph this outfit, tossing the coat on the ground between shots, until my red fingers couldn't press the button anymore. It just looks better without it for the purposes of these pictures!

Swan skirt in snow

Swan skirt in snow

Swan skirt in snow

this skirt in late summer. It popped up somewhere (tumblr maybe?) and I promptly stuck it in my pinterest, the outfits folder or the wishlist one, I can't exactly remember which. A few weeks later, an email from Sheinside showed up I barely hesitated for which piece I wanted to try.  How could I resist swans wearing little crowns? 

Temperatures then promptly dropped to just around or below zero, making outfits around this tricky. I think this it the first time I've ventured into tall boots and long skirt territory, a necessary move, rather than miniskirts or little flats. But I'm quite happy with it, it's a nice bundled up feeling!

Swan skirt in snow

Swan skirt in snow

Despite freezing my fingers and toes to bits, I do really love snow. Nothing every photographs so good as it does in snow, and while I get home and curl up on top of anything giving off heat (tricks learned from cats), I sort of suspect I might be made for winter landscapes. 

Swan skirt in snow

But of course, this happens more often than not, and I can't resist sharing a good mid-blink shot, just to keep things grounded. 


7 comments:

  1. You look absolutely gorgeous Kater - that skirt is divine on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Snow!!! If only I had snow here. Nonetheless, I love your skirt. Definitely a one of a kind treasure print. You are always so flawless in all your photos:)
    -Madison
    www.1minniemuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous of the snow in these pics! You always manage to pull together the cutest winter outfits ... I always fall into a super monochromatic rutt once it gets cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look like a Russian fairy-tale swan princess and it's a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the perfect retro look. And you're rockin' the red lips. Go girl!

    ReplyDelete