Saturday, October 5, 2013

A Beret-ed Post.

Beret Weather

That might be the worst pun I've made in a long time, but then, it's been a long time! I'm borrowing a camera again,  although it seems like I've finally got my saving on track and should be able to fix my baby very soon. I'm out of practice though, it was much harder getting back into the swing of taking my own pictures than I thought it would be!

Beret Weather
Skirt: J. Crew Fall 2012, Blouse: Vintage formerly my mother's, Jacket: Thrifted 90s J. Crew, Socks: Forever21, Bag: Vintage, Scarf: Vintage, Hat: Formerly my grandmother's, Shoes: Vintage via allen company on etsy.

Beret Weather

Beret Weather

I've been working my best to rock knee socks as often as possible, because once winter falls it's all tights and camp socks as far as the eye can see (I've already made the transition to leggings and wool socks at night!). We're not in peak leaf season just yet--at least, not on my street--and I'm trying to fight the feeling that I'm not getting my best outfits out, that I need to take more pictures of leaves and scenery because this season is the best and the shortest. 

Beret Weather

The downside is I've been doing a lot of the Knee-Socks Dance. It's something I forget about, and I'm so used to it from back in my uniform days, but there it is, in all it's glory. Somehow I've yet to find over-the-knees that don't squeeze my legs but also stay up of their own accord. 

Beret Weather

Beret Weather

I'm also battling bang-fever something awful lately. It's the season (somehow I feel like hats always look a little better with bangs), and TV is no help (I'm looking at you New Girl). For now I'm going to try to content myself with bobby-pins and a bang comb-over, but my fingers and forehead are itching and dancing for the scissors. 


23 comments:

  1. That's funny, I feel the exact opposite about bangs + hats... berets especially, look better to me without bangs. I don't think I'll ever have the patience to grow mine out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! Fantastic outfit (and your makeup is perfect). Don't resist the bangs - you're right, hats look fantastic with them, and they'll look fabulous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit is lovely! By the way, do you ever have trouble keeping your beret on your head? I have that problem sometimes and I'm wondering if it's just me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so whimsical and charming! love the socks!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've basically given up on trying to find the perfect pair of knee socks - they're either squeezing legs into sausages or pooling uselessly around the ankles! So props to you for continuing to work it. It's nothing but tights for me.

    Lovely to see a new post from you. Like others are saying, we've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to read you again! And I am actually quite amused/relieved to hear that others have difficulties with wearing knee high socks too - I see all these bloggers wearing terrific pairs but no one admits that they are kind of difficult to wear (-:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also always have the feeling that hats look better with bangs. Then I get them cut again and after some days regret it again. :-)
    Very cute autumn outfit!

    xoxo, Saperlotte

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love bangs but growing them is a pain I would like to avoid for the rest of my life. They look so cute on you though! (Loving the beret, with the pun.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My bangs are being a right pain at the moment! Refusing to stay put and growing far too fast. But that beret is gorgeous and I, for one, appreciated the pun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to see you again here, Kate, your outfit today is as nice as all of yours, and your street is just beautiful. Let us hope that new posts soon ..... A great greeting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, yeah, outfit, knee-socks, great. But your teeny-tiny mouth! It's such the bee-sting, it's killing me. Oh, and the one-raised-eyebrow. I've fallen hard <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. the knee socks are perfect for the fall! i love that beret too! great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Japanese roll-on sock glue. It's a real thing- and it works!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just can't handle fiddling with knee high socks, I love them aesthetically but I'm too impatient for outfits I have to fix during the day. You look amazing, that blouse is fantastic and I love the beret (and the pun) xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love! <3 I recently wore a beret to my in-law's church and all the older ladies were fawning all over it because they remember back in the day when women wore hats to church all the time. lol

    You look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love ur blouse! And on a side note, I am obsessed with the bobby pin in your logo, so cute!

    xoxo | Lauren from Adored Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fun outfit, and that looks like a neighbourhood from american movies, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've found that wearing tights with knee socks, randomly, helps them stay up. I've never been able to keep a pair of socks up in my life, until I discovered that little trick. Loving the beret, such a cute look!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are so prettyy!!! This outfit is so sparkling! :)
    xxx
    V.
    http://ledeuxmoi.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete