Thursday, June 6, 2013

Our Lady of Absentia.

Oops.

I know that starting off blog post with 'omg i am so sorry it has been forever' is pretty lame but--omg I'm so sorry it has been forever! I don't really have much to say about it, except that a defunct but now patched-together and hopefully fixed for-the-moment computer and sadly deeply on-the-fritz camera have really killed my blogging time. For now I've borrowed a camera while I try to figure out what to do about mine, and so hopefully we'll be on track again soon!

In the meantime I tried to get back into the swing of things by setting myself up in the backyard with some new-to-me things and a really lush rose crown. The last two years the roses in our yard have been especially ridiculous, flopping around with their petal-drunk heads, blooming and falling to bits before we can even grab any for inside. 

IMG_0091

Like last summer I'm still in a big flower-crown and white blouse kind of mode. I guess it's all gotten pretty trendy since then, but I can't really resist the occasion to dress up.

IMG_0064

IMG_0056

The blouse is one that I snapped up at an estate sale with Jess a few months ago. We trekked about 40 minutes away in a snowstorm (ish) at the promise of something Edwardian, and left rather happily with a few treasures. This is my favorite of the blouses I ended up with (a few of the other ones made an appearance on instagram that day).

IMG_0113

There's also my newish little Catbird ring that I picked up on a quick NYC visit to hang at the mall with Anabela and Geoff of fieldguided, and a funny little necklace from a favorite shop in Saratoga Springs that looks like it's just a straight line pendant, but is actually a tiny sword. I'm really feeling girly outfits with brutal weaponry jewelry these days.

It feels good to give myself a jump start again. Hopefully it won't be too long till next time! For now I have a crazy backlog of e-mails that is threatening to bury me alive!

18 comments:

  1. Oh, these photos of you are absolutely exquisite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you're back dear! These pictures are so beautiful! xxx
    Ale

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blouse is an amazing estate sale find! These days, I mostly seem to encounter clothes from the 1960's and later at estate sales.

    And I totally understand the white-blouses-and-flowers-for-summer thing. I have a set of odd inspirations that seem to crop up as soon as the weather gets warmer--clothes that remind me of a 1930's carnival (lots of stripes and faded feedsack prints), high-waisted printed shorts, etc.

    And I'm glad to see you're posting again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these photos! They are unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading the Secret Garden right now and you look like you could be in the garden! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is a crown with the biggest flowers I've ever seen :)
    Great on you <333

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally adore your blouse, it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute blouse, love the fit of it :)

    The Little Antlers - blog
    Little Lemon Designs - portfolio

    ReplyDelete
  9. So incredibly pretty! That crown is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really beautiful floral headband!

    muacarmen.blogspot.com
    www.muacarmen.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful and so delicate post!!
    anna
    www.letourbillondelavie.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back! I love seeing all these summery things, since it's the dead of winter here in New Zealand. Hope your camera un-fritzes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your rose crown, you look beautiful!


    Sky High Style


    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blouse is so delicate and you wear a flower crown beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These photos are so wonderful. You are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ohhh I love the flowers in your hair! Your face is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete