Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Fanciness.

This bow though.

Easter always ends up being one of my favorite holidays for dressing up. Normally there isn't all that much going on that day, everything is closed, but somehow I end up saving colorful spring dresses for the occasion. Maybe I just own a lot of flowery, pastel, frilly things that are the very essence of such a holiday. 

Today I got all dressed up and snapped these pictures before running back home to change for pastry-making and watching the Game of Thrones season 3 premiere with friends! So I probably only had this get-up on for an hour or so. 

Easter outfit.
Dress: vintage from the loved one; Jacket: Vintage from Laura's Vintage; Tights: J. Crew; Shoes: Vintage from honey talk vintage, Bag: Vintage

Easter outfit.

I hate to be typical, but there is always the looking down picture, haha.

This jacket is also incredibly similar to the one I wore last year, and illustrates a pretty big weakness I have for strange little jackets that probably went with a dress at some point. This one though, is silk, and the print seems a little less ostentatious than the other, without the sleeve ruffles, and I've already worn it several times.

Shoesies!

Mostly, I'm just pleased-as-punch that it's warm enough to wear something like this with no coat! Soon the world will be green again, and I'll be hanging out on quilts in the grass, collecting freckles and getting my daily dose of SPF-approved vitamin D. Until then, I guess I have to be incredibly trite and wear my own sunshine.

18 comments:

  1. Positively dreamy Kater! This post makes me so excited for spring <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Easter is just one of the best reasons to dress up! Your shoes are adorable~

    The Occasional Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes!! Your outfit posts always make me want to incorporate more vintage into my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! I love yellow and the combintion of colors you used, so perfect <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your whole outfit is super cute but I love love love your shoes!
    http://teapotsandbelles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. But it's just the right shape, short but not too mini, nipped in at the waist, with short Cheap Blouses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That jacket is absolutely beautiful, you look so perfect for Easter! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That whole outfit is great. I love the color of the dress. It's like a creamy yellow without being too loud. That's my problem with the color most of the time.

    What did you think of the premier? I'm so excited it's back on! Gives me something to look forward to on Sundays now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your bag
    http://natwest-thatgirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That jacket is so wonderful. I rather like finding jackets/blazers/etc that were once part of a twin-set, they're often much more interesting than ones I find that are jackets on their own, if that makes sense.

    Game of Thrones! Omg. So excited about episode two.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Free Social Media Marketing where Every thing will be Free, Facebook Likes, Twitter Followers, Twitter Tweets, Twitter Re-Tweets, Twitter Favorites, Google Plus Followers, StumbleUpon Followers, Youtube Views, Youtube Likes, Youtube Subsribes, Pinterest Followers, Pinterest Likes, Pinterest PinIt, Free Website Visitors.
    Just Join now and Free Increase your Social Media Networks.
    GetLikeFast.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're makeup always looks so pretty and simple! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great vintage outfit. i love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your outfit is so cute! I love the touch of vintage; I'm a huge fan myself! xx

    myfashionlabyrinth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete