Monday, December 3, 2012

Hats in Waiting.

IMG_3506
Coat: J. Crew circa 2008, Dress:Custard Heart Vintage, Boots: Nine West circa 2006, Bag: Vintage/thrifted, Hat: Vintage/estate sale, Lipstick: NARS Schiap

Remember this spot? I wanted to get back to it in the summer, and the fall, when there were leaves and things and I could wear a summer dress on the dock but I never quite made it back. Finally I got back there on a day Jess and I were spending the day thrifting and trying to find a spot to take some shop an outfit photos. It took a bit of wandering to find it again, but I'm glad I know where it is well enough now to go back!

IMG_3518
(Got my grump on, apparently!)

This outfit is a little bit ridiculous, between the hat and neon coat, but nothing else seemed to do that day. I got the hat ages ago, last March, at an estate sale with Jess and had to tuck the thing away for the entire summer before I knew I'd  be able to wear it again! It's kind of huge and insane, but I love it a lot. I have the original box, complete with a note written on the top of it by the owner detailing the date it was bought and what else she got that day.

IMG_3532

And then the dress, which is a dream! I've been looking for a 60s cream lace shift dress for ages, but every time I thought I found one it didn't fit, or something was weird about it, or it was way, way out of my price range. The second this popped up over at Custard Heart Vintage I made it mine. And then it arrived on what was truly a no-good day, just in time to cheer me up!

IMG_3557

Pictures taken by Jess. Check out her shop for a few hats and coats we photographed at this location as well!


34 comments:

  1. You are absolutely stunning! So glad you found the dress - good things come to those who wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so gorgeous! and that coat. every woman should have a coral coat like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your coat, such a pretty and cheerful colour. Gorgeous photos xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, love you crazy-hat girl.

    "Cream lace shift dress" is surely one of my top 5 most-searched Etsy vintage search phrases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that the hat came with such a neat story behind it! Love that bright coat, it really pops against all that winter going on in the background.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That hat makes a statement! So fun to have a note that goes along with it.

    Great look.

    Bisous
    Suzanne
    http://bisous.typepad.com/bisous/

    ReplyDelete
  7. gosh! you look so wonderful in that chapeau!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous bunch of photographs! Styled so perfectly~

    http://theoccasionalindulgence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore this post, you look amazing.. I would love a fur hat, but couldn't carry it off! :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely fantastic hat! I can't do fur, I don'T like the idea of having a dead animal on my head (leather shoes are the extend of it, it also grosses me out when I think about it) but they always look so cool! I wish I could get over myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. THAT HAT.

    I only wish I lived in a cold enough area to wear something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually love the hat and coat combo. Very swinging sixties feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Global Ads Business which have 10 Types of Earning Systems with 3 Levels Referral Program.
    Want to Join Just Contact : jobzcornerz@gmail.com
    www.globaladsbiz.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The perfect dress!! IT LOOKS DELICIOUS ON YOU!
    Anna
    www.letourbillondelavie.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That hat is amaaazing, you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A wonderful hat indeed! I love it paired with the coral jacket

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this outfit, perfect hat and coat :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the outfit! especially the hat! very cool
    Rocío
    fashioningmylifeindc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. That hat is pretty fantastic! I'd wear it everywhere!

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Best Earning plan without any work, just Visit the Website and Earn
    www.profitclicking.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Best Part time Online Jobs without any investment, Just click the Website and Earn.
    Free Earning

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a dreamy dress. I do love Custard Heart Vintage. Loving the bright pop of color that your coat gives to this darling get up.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loveeeee you're lace dress.. :)

    http://ristlicious.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Get your own home based job in data entry, copy pasting, clicking and different more jobs
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Most Popular and Famous Vehicles, Latest Speed Cars, Sports Cars Info and Pictures.
    worldlatestvehicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Make Earning on your Every panels you purchase, Many types of Earning Systems
    <a href= http://bannersbroker.com/MrSanghani17 A

    ReplyDelete
  27. Top Most Expensive Cars, Top Most popular and Speed Cars with stylish and Beautiful Pictures.
    worldlatestvehicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. very cute and lovely look <3

    BREEPLUSE.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  29. The hat is wonderful! All Tsarist Russia and 60s kitsch rolled into one.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely scenery and that dress is beautiful, I had a similar style in turquoise in my vintage shop not long ago.

    Miss M

    ReplyDelete