Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Visiting Family Affairs.

at family affairs

Yesterday was pretty much the dreamiest day of all. A gaggle of us (Emily, Liz, Rosie,Christina, and I all woke up and made our way over to the Family Affairs studio. Once there we were treated to muffins and coffee in adorable mugs by Nina, who hosted us for a little while to introduce us to her newest collection, chat about our favorite movies streaming on netflix, and play a good round of dress-up.

at family affairs

at family affairs

at family affairs

Having seen a lot of Nina's previous collections all over the blog circuit, I knew I was going to love everything already, but it was so exciting to see the new things! I can't wait for spring and summer all over again. The prints are all drawn and hand-screened onto dresses in cuts that are pretty much perfect--girly and delicate without being too prim or over done, with just a hint of silliness.

at family affairs
 

at family affairs
 
It was a real treat just to hang out in the airy, lovely space, with little touches of inspiration here and there. I think we all cooed over the flowers several times!

at family affairs

at family affairs

at family affairs

at family affairs

at family affairs

Out of all the prints in the new spring line I think my favorite are the little yellow phones. As soon as we got upstairs I found myself eyeing that print, sandwiched between the sailboats and gems on the rack. It was even more exciting getting to try the dress on, solidifying my love for it completely.

at family affairs

at family affairs

at family affairs

at famly affairs

at family affairs

The gems are also pretty special, and this dress is pretty much a perfect shape. Nina also showed us a plain white version that would make a gorgeous, simple little wedding dress, but most of us have a pretty intense penchant for short white dresses for anyway of the week so that one was a dream as well.


at family affairs

at family affairs

at family affairs



at family affairs


Picture 4Picture 3
(via toujours toi on instagram/twitter)

Both Rosie and I tried on the 5th Ray Dress, one of the dresses for this coming fall, and I was instantly, hopelessly in love. I don't know why on earth I don't own anything in this color, and I instantly started mentally saving my pennies for the day when this dress will be mine. It's really hard not to daydream about all the things I want to wear it with!

After hanging around snapping endless pictures with our big cameras and our phones (these dresses are pretty much perfect for instagram and iphone photo filters!) we got to make grabby hands at the clothes from previous seasons and prance around in some of those. This was particularly exciting because a lot of the dresses are ones I've been seeing on other bloggers for the past few months, and it was really great to finally see them in person!

at family affairs

at family affairs
Ladies posing in the Bonnie's Boat Dress and the French Kiss dress.

at family affairs

at family affairs

Rosie in the Peaches Dress, which later she purchased for all her late-summer gardening plans.

at famly affairs

at family affairs

Liz rockin' the Fantasty Skirt and Banana Split top.

And then, besides all the lovely dresses and blouses, there were the housewares (like the lampshade in the feather print that presided over our muffins and coffee!). Little saucers, holding some earrings and rings that are also part of the spring line, and pillows for couches, and later we even got to take a peek at a comforter featuring several of the prints all at once. 

at family affairs

at family affairs

It was a really wonderful morning, the perfect activity to do with a few gal pals on a day when the weather was really pretty much perfect.

For instagram prettiness and hilarity, you can head on over to Emily's post on the day also! I didn't repost many of them here because this is already pretty image-heavy, and I know we have a lot of the same readers anyway so that there won't be too much of the same thing popping up in everyone's readers!

15 comments:

  1. That phone print is too adorable! Looks like such a fun time :)

    thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow all these photos are amazing I really like the prints and the designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's so much PRETTY AMAZINGNESS in all these photos!!
    Where do I even begin??

    Well, I suppose the first thing to note is that you and all your friends are absolutely gorgeous! You all seem so lovely and fun to be around. I can definitely tell from these photos that you enjoyed yourselves at Family Affairs :)

    As for Family Affairs itself....wow wow WOW!
    I hadn't really heard of it before so thank you thank you for introducing me to the wonderful creations of Nina!
    After seeing all those gorgeous pieces, I may or may not be feeling the urge to go start saving pennies for something from Family Affairs! :D
    That green 5th Ray Dress, the adorable white dress with the hint of the yellow phone pattern on it, those sailboats...I'm about to explode of lust. MAJOR CUTENESS OVERLOAD.
    Seriously, that dress and that dress and that and that and THAT. Can everything just magically appear in my closet please? C'mon, pleaaaase?? I asked politely! :)

    Thanks Kater for sharing all these great photos!
    I'm headed over to Emily's blog to lust after some more amazing wonderful Family Affairs stuff! :)

    Have a marvelous day <3


    ~Alice
    Ainfinitaire

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, jeez! the quirky prints? the stripes? the cuts? i can't handle it. plus the feather tattoo...beautiful!



    rachael

    ReplyDelete
  5. That green is so so perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that sounds and looks like so much fun! And I'm in love with those garments, such fun prints and darling shapes.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those patterns! That is a fabirc paradise! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look absolutely BREATHTAKING in that shade of green. xoxo I need more of you in my life.

    -Cara
    http://everydayintrigue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That green dress is heaven. I am now on the search for anything similar I can find. Also, feather tattoo is my newest ink inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness thank you so much for blogging this, I'd never seen this brand before and I have a feeling it's going to become a new favorite of mine. You all look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of it is so gorgeous! I especially love that dark green dress- beautiful. I wish I could get my hands on some of this stuff! :)

    http://alittlebitofmejenphil.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete