Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Blogger Picnic.

c9a4c4f6facf11e1b1c522000a1dea36_708af86a4faad11e1ae5f12313804f9a9_7
Kallie and some of her outfit details//
Cameras on blankets

f834abe2faa711e199e022000a1e8ac3_7
Emily, dreamiest gal

On Sunday I arrived in New York City, just in time for the annual blogger picnic at Sheep's Meadow in Central Park. I think everyone in this little contingent of blog-friends we have going on has said almost the same thing--the most exciting part about fashion week is that everyone comes to town and we get to hang out with all the people we wish we could throughout the rest of the year.

IMG_4448
Emma and Liz taking a break to check up on the internet.

I've kind of been looking forward to the whole thing for weeks! The day was perfect (somehow, the weather has seen fit to be all we knew it could this week, sunny and clear, a little bit cool and breezy) and it was so wonderful to hang out on blankets snacking for hours and chatting.

IMG_4484
Christina of For Show hangin' with some balloons.

IMG_4509
Katie Louise Ford being flawless.

I'm pretty bad about snapping pictures of things. This year I actually brought my camera, so that's a 100% improvement from the last two times when I left the stupid thing at home because I didn't want to carry it around. I still don't really want to lug it all over the place, but generally it's worth it after the fact. The downside is I'm still pretty bad about taking the pictures themselves. I'll get better at it, stuffing myself into new habits. 

IMG_4502
Kennedy Holmes and Wray

IMG_4507
Liz and Rosie, discussing serious things.

And of course, between all of us snapping little moments on our phones, instagram is covered in all kinds of this magic!

10 comments:

  1. looks awesome! i've been following y'all on instagram. so wish I could be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to be there in hair barrette representation spirit !

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh it looks like so much fun. i love the balloon props.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blogger picnic just might be my favorite part of the NYFW "coverage". Hope I can make it sometime!!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are wonderful and so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so bummed I missed it this year, worst part about being abroad. Looks like it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How totally fun! Great idea to have a blogger picnic...we've gotta get that going here in Minnesota :)

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very well composed pictures, first visit from R29, bloggy inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love that picture with the woman and the balloons! it looks like she would have fabulous stories to tell

    ReplyDelete