Sunday, June 17, 2012

Puppy Days.


I know, a puppy, on this blog! I generally categorize myself, and am categorized by the world at large, as a cat person but that isn't to the exclusion of other animals. My dear, long-time, once-internet friend Amy moved back into my area recently, and after a few while she and her husband procured the sweetest little corgi puppy! Of course this means I need to run up to her neck of the woods as often as possible so that we can be unabashedly girly in our outfits, eat delicious meals and snacks, and hang out with the little corgi puppy named Sansa.



I've been struggling lately with accessories. I'm suddenly sick of necklaces, belts, all the extra bits that I normally love so much. I just want easy summer dresses and blouses with minimal frills (but a few, because I feel so unlike myself without something of a bow somewhere) and flats. I'm back to tote bags instead of little beaded things, and my hair is staying either down with minimal curl (who can be bothered when the threat of humidity is around every corner?) or plopped in a ponytail. I've forgotten how to do things like belts and jewelry.

 Kater- Dress: Cumulus Laude Dress c/o modcloth, Shoes: Urban Outfitters circa fall 2010, Hat: Forever21 circa 2009
Amy- Dress: Vintage, Shoes: random mall store in Japan, Belt and hair flower: Forever21, Necklace: gift

Like this dress, I kept trying to belt it or put things over it, but nothing really felt right. It just seemed better on it's own, with a sunhat, with some simple flats.

I was really excited when Amy moved back to the area after being gone for ages, partly because we were friends in high school when I didn't have a car so even though she wasn't that far, neither of us could drive. But it's really nice to have a gal-pal to hang out with who has a defined personal style and always looks adorable. 


Things devolved into silliness about ten pictures in, because we're girls incapable of being totally serious and graceful.


Hopefully this is only the first of many posts together! I'm still getting the hang of the self timer in more public spaces, and of course of posing with other people, so we'll have to do more posts to practice!


29 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. That is the most adorable puppy ever...I may be a bit biased, because I love corgis!

    I'm kind of in the same boat with regards to accessories. I'm kind of bored of belts, which is kind of weird. But as much as I love layers and such, it is nice to be able to just throw something on and be good to go!

    thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness a Game of Thrones reference and an adorable corgi pup!? Your friend and you are too cute!

    http://blazoningpens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, what a sweet puppy! I couldn't stop gazing at the screen - it is such a cutie! <3

    x
    Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've lost the ability to accessorize as well, necklaces, and belts just seem to add weight to outfits in the summer heat.

    Puppy is adorable! It's always wonderful when old friends come back home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute puppy, looks almost like a fox! Love its white 'socks' too :D
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  6. you two are adorable! and the puppy is too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, that puppy is so cute! And I know what you mean, sometimes I just can't be bothered with accessories either. That hat is lovely on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Corgi puppies make everything better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect name, perfect character, perfect puppy! Sansa is my queen.

    Also, your hat is stellar. Makes you look like you should be in an Evelyn Waugh book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress is adorable and goes so well with your coloring. Also, I'm kind of digging the whole minimalist thing. Very Parisian! :)

    http://everydayintrigue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. amy looks like judy garland! aka adorable! and HOLY FUCK PUPPY OMG I'M DYING. favorite dog ever.
    and i've been craving that dress s now i hate you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! I have two corgis, they are the most adorable dogs. And I love the photos of you two! Absolutely stunning.


    Moments of Eternity

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute, love these pics x

    ReplyDelete
  14. great pictures, you ladies look lovely, and what a cute puppy, I'm much more of a dog person myself.

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH MY how cute is the corgi? Ace outfit - I have just thrifted a similar hat, I instantly envisioned it with my summer outfits and that I would look like I should be in the Great Gatsby.... ha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm actually more of a puppy girl myself, so that sweet lil corgi is making me swoon. (Shhhhhh, don't tell my two pups, or they'll get jealous!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The three of you look lovely! Amy looks a lot like Marilyn Monroe!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I also consider myself to be a cat person, but this puppy is adorable :)
    And your outfit is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  19. you both look just lovely and of course little Sansa is beyond adorable. I'm guessing she is named after the character in Game of Thrones, right?

    ReplyDelete
  20. ahhh how cute! I am definitely more of a dog girl, love puppies.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful!I have two dogs, one enormous and they are an important part of the family!Congratulations for the blog and kisses from Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  22. PUPPYYYYYY!!! I love seeing a puppy on your blog! :D

    Also not to belabor the point (since I mentioned it on fb) but good LORD she looks like Liza Minnelli and I'm so insanely jealous! Tell her I'm over here flailing and trying not to randomly fangirl her (or maybe don't tell her that, idk).

    I'm terrible at posing with other people, but you look lovely in those pics together!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You both have the cutest dress style EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sweet dresses! love it! X

    http://losttinafairytale.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  25. you're two wonderful on the last picture!
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete