Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The All this Happiness Dress and Blogger of the Moment!

 

As usual, this has taken me several moments to post about, but as the weather and my schedule have finally seen fit to cooperate with each other, I'm really thrilled to say that Modcloth has picked little old me as their blogger of the moment! 

>

You can read my little interview here, and check out my favorite Modcloth items here, an activity I've become kind of addicted to since starting it and which will probably be very dangerous for my wallet in the coming months since I keep going back and gazing over my faves!

Mostly this post is late because I wanted to get some decent outfit pictures of the dress named after the blog. Somehow everyday I reached for it was a day when it wanted to rain! That just wouldn't do, this dress has sunflowers on it for Pete's sake, something sunny had to happen! And then when I did get these pictures, the sun was so bright it was revealed that I am truly a summertime ghost, and my Photoshop skills were really tested! I think it came out alright though, even if that top picture looks totally different from the rest! Always learning, I guess!

Dress: All this Happiness dress c/o Modcloth, shoes: Chelsea Crew, Bag: Thrifted, Sunglasses: My floor




As you can see, I'm pretty skilled at grinning like and idiot. I tried taking serious, fashion-y pictures but honestly not one of them seemed right. This dress is just the right mixture of ladylike and summery, without being too flimsy or short so I can still run around and get things done and not worry about a thing. Plus it's super flattering. At first I was a little unsure of how often I would wear a sunflower print (I love it, but, you know, sometimes I feel a bit too girly), but that worry was all for naught, since this is easily one of the most comfortable and flattering summer dresses I've got in my arsenal. 

A big thanks and love to Modcloth for including me and for everything, this has been such fun and I couldn't be a happier clam!


32 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous in this dress! The cut is amazingly feminine and perfect for summer. It definitely feels like "happiness".

    Congrats on being chosen as blogger of the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SQUEE Kater I was over the moon when I noticed you were ModCloth's blogger of the moment! I can't think of a more deserving person, and you look so gorgeous in that dress <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats kater! :) you look beautiful! and you are a very deserving blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a huge fan of the 'serious' outfit post. If you love your outfit, then why on earth wouldn't you be grinning like a Cheshire cat? That's my theory anyway!
    xx

    http://bigandbeautifullife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks perfect on you - and it's just the thing for summer! Congrats girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so excited when I saw that they picked you! That dress really suits you :)

    thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHH YAY YOU!! :D :D

    That dress is super adorable. If I didn't already go a little nuts earlier this summer buying lots of Modcloth dresses I would totally go over there and snap it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I have a dress with the exact same print that I got for $2 at Goodwill ages ago (unfortunately, it's far far too big - it's like a tent on me, and it has such an odd pinafore-like cut), that I've been meaning to mend and re-structure! Now I know exactly how to make it look. Anyway, that dress is perfect and you look lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, Kater! It's well-deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm so proud of you babydoll! you look amazing. and the interview was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats! I really love your "yours" dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute dress! Congrats :D x Sushi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!!! You trully deserve it, your blog is amazing and your style is so...lovely!!

    The dress is really pretty, and it fits you,totally!

    A big kiss from Spain!

    http://miramodernonosoybethditto.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the modcloth blogger and that's a great dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! I actually found your blog through Modcloth and was wondering when you might post about it. Your namesake dress is beautiful, so summery - pity the weather hasn't been living up to expectations xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so great! Well done and I love the dress, perfect for the summer:)
    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  17. So awesome! Congrats. All your hard work is paying off!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful dress! Congratulations on the well-deserved title!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats! The dress is so cute. I've been mildly obsessed with sunflowers so it's really cool to see you sporting it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. woo hoo! Thats awesome news. Congrats and I just adore that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, congratulations! You look beautiful, and that dress fits you perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE that dress! You look great and congrats! I loved the interview and I hesitate to click on your list of items because I might just buy something! D:

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are my favorite blogger AND and and and the dress modcloth designed for you has my favorite type of print with my favorite flower. There is too much perfection wrapped up in this thing!

    Arg.
    Sad thing is, because it is the Kater dress, a MILLION people will buy the size small before I get my next paycheck and I shall never own it. :'(

    Ah well. Congratulations to you on your very well-deserved title.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, congratulation! You are very beautiful, little like Liv Tayor :) I wish to look like you...

    ReplyDelete
  26. I saw that on modcloth.com! Was wondering when you were going to admit it :) Congrats! Very well-deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Where in Upstate NY is this? So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  28. huge congratulations, what a big honor and you def deserve it. love that dress on you too, the yellow flowers are so pretty w/ your hair/complexion you look gorgeous!
    http://dusanabotswana.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. financial adviser

    Such a fabulous dress. You look good in it. Its simple with a touch of elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That dress is gorgeous on you! And those sunglasses!

    stormsmagasin.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete