Friday, May 25, 2012

Something on my Head.

Dress: Vintage, Necklace: Vintage
I feel weird if I don't have something on my head. Hair, it seems, is not enough. I don't wear hats all that often if it isn't to protect from cold weather or the sun, but I'm fond of barrettes off to the side and a pony tail is almost never left on it's own--it must have a ribbon. If I've got a scarf on my head it's usually because I felt I was missing something, or because I had little idea of what to wear that day and I always feel 50% more fashionable if I have a scarf on my head.

Last week I met up with Jess for a game of catch-up over lunch and macaron purchasing before heading to a nice little park area for a shoot so that Jess could get to know her new camera and photograph some hats for her shop. You can see a bunch of shots on her blog, and most of the hats are now listed, but I thought I'd post some of my favorites from the day! She captured some of the more fun aspects of my rather simple outfit for the day, so I'm sharing those as well.


My new favorite necklace, this is one of the things I spent my pennies on at Brimfield a few weeks ago. I've been calling it my Lady Mary necklace, because it's long and beaded and has a strange, thin and willowy look to it. As an added bonus it matched my nail polish (Chanel's 'June', which I totally splurged on but it's already become my favorite shade and, I'm convinced, goes with everything for summer thus far). I don't normally like to be so match-y, but in tiny doses it makes everything feel properly aligned.

This hat isn't listed yet, but I will update the link when it does go up. In the meantime, keep an eye on the shop if you're interested in it!




I love this hat a lot. It's pink, it has flowers, and a veil, and it fit my head. Someone needs to have this hat, I don't have a dress for it, but I know someone out there does.



I don't know that my dress particularly goes with these hats, but it's quickly turned into my grab-and-go summer weather solution. I bought it last October, just when the weather was starting to turn chilly, when my mind was fixed on sweaters and tights and I didn't care if I never saw another sun dress as long as I lived. But in that one moment I was given the gift of foresight, and I snatched it up and tucked it away for the long winter. I've already worn it about six times since it's gotten warm out, and am thanking my lucky stars I thought ahead, for once.




There ya go! Now that I have subjected you all to more pictures of my face, head on over to Jess's shop to see more details about the hats (and a few extra items, I only picked a few!) and take a peek at all the goodies she has over there!


17 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I adore that dress! I'm already biased towards anything yellow, but that dress is just so lovely. And I want that teal hat (though I'm afraid I always buy hats with the best of intentions and never seem to wear them).

    thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow is so summer appropriate! I bought an organic cotton breton top from zara with bright yellow stripes recently and am so excited to wear it!

    I am in love with these shots! The 1950s necklace compliments the yellow dress so well, the coral necklace even more so! I'd buy these hats if I wasn't cursed with a male size head (a stubborn one) :(

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many pretty hats! I dont wear hats too often either but I do usually have at least a barrette or something similar in my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress is fantastic, and looks really comfortable for hot weather as well! And I think you should have the pink hat... can't you wear it with your Easter dress?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just going to say what Emily said - I also think you should have the pink hat! It looks perfect on you <3. You are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olá!
    Acabo de criar um blog sobre os calçados Melissa, totalmente construido pelas melisseiras e leitoras.
    Gostaria de propor uma parceria com este blog, colocando um link no meu em troca de um link por aqui!
    Se te interessar, mande um e-mail para blogmelissaria@gmail.com que conversamos melhor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love 1940's clothes, I think all stores around the U.S. should get rid of thier stuff and only display 1940's stuff. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pink hat looks so good with your creamy complexion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, what a lovely collection of hats you have here, they look all lovely! The black roses corsage... <3 And I can understand why you love that dress, is simply perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're all gorgeous! I really love that black one, even on your dark hair – and I could never quite do that on mine when it was dark. You are so beautiful! (and you have reminded me about my berets, thank you!) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you look so lovely in hats! I think I feel the exact opposite-- when I wear a hat or something I just can't concentrate because I keep thinking THERE IS SOMETHING ON MY HEAD.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh! These are beautiful! You have the most daintiest of features, like a doll!

    I am oh so envious of the hats. I'm sad to say hats and me shall never be good pals, the only thing thats been atop my head recently is a snoozing cat >_< xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the hats! You are gorgeous by the way, and SUCH an inspiration to me. I created my vintage blog because of you :) Thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome hats and headpieces ... and your dress is a dream.

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kater, all these hats look lovely on you! The black headpiece looks absolutely darling.
    What left me speechless in this post is the dress though, such a pretty shape and shade of yellow, a great find!
    Ale
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the vintage hats! :) Your blog is awesome-just became a member/follower of your blog. I hope you'll follow me back and we can keep in touch. Happy Blogging!!!

    Elle xoxo
    
www.thehighfeather.com

    ReplyDelete