Monday, April 16, 2012

Bits and Bobs.

I'm terribly fickle when it comes to the weather. For a long time I tried very hard not to complain about the current season because I knew that when the winds changed I'd be just as miserable about that, and you can't do anything about it anyway so there is little use in even talking about it. But I can't help myself. Spring is difficult because I am allergic to a lot of things bursting with pollen, and so while I'm overjoyed at the green and lace-topped trees, I'm also busy blowing my nose and nursing a(nother) sinus infection. 

But I don't want to neglect this blog too much, so I thought I'd do a teeny little post about some small things I've accumulated recently.


It's all bizarrely girly. I'm really into pink and frills these days, I've a World is a Cupcake kind of mind going on I guess.

-Lace blouse. I've been thinking about buying this thing for months but I kept finding other dresses or blouses that were slightly more amazing at my favorite haunt for vintage. There are usually several items that I have in the back of my mind, and if they're still there on a trip where I don't find anything else, I scoop them up. Sometimes it doesn't work out and I'm destitute about all the outfits that could have been. This one worked out.

-The Beehive 'Alice Blue' perfume. I've been on a perfume kick lately. This is one of three I've been wearing lately. I might have bought it for the package (although really, there was another one that had a pattern on the box I liked more but it didn't smell as nice as this one).


-FrouFrous. I don't know if these are really called that, but when I was little my mom used to make me little hair thingies with netting flowers and glitter on them, so for me that's the name. These are from J. Crew and normally I'd feel stupid about forking over my hard earned cash for something I could probably make but I know I won't. I like to wear them at work when everything else I'm wearing is covered in egg white or flour to feel a little nice.

-Heart sunglasses. I know, they're super twee. But I was under the influence of a girl-date with some of my favorite ladies, and we were all three decked out in floral pastels, and it just happened. I'm okay with this, even if they are a bit typical and expected at this point.

-Bobbi Brown lipstick in 'Mod Pink'. I went in for a different color and found that one to be far too orange for me. I can't resist a good pink, and while I normally reach for NARS 'Niagara' for my every-day lipstick, I was in the mood for something a little bit different, and this one fit the bill.

For good measure, here is a little fish for your evening:


She totally puked on everything this morning, because cats will puke on all the nice things you own, but we still love her. I've taken to running around the house 'going fishing' to find her, or just calling her 'little fish little fish!' which might be sort of insulting for her, but I'm okay with that.

23 comments:

  1. gorgeous things – and great post! Love little fish cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your cat is so adorable. <3
    were are those heart shaped glasses from? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely collection of pieces! I bought some red heart sunglasses a year or two ago, they were so much fun to wear! However they were cheap and broke after only a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love love love everything! especially the kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Minnoowwwww ^^
    I am completely girling out too, so it's okay. DROWNING IN LACE AHHH.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it so girly!

    http://www.designers-artists.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha going Fishing. Amazing. I am pretty jealous of that shirt of yours with all its girlyness. I actually thought it looked like blossoming trees instead of girly frills.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving the top and the sunglasses- so cute and girly!
    xo, Tori
    http://daisiesandpixiedust.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your photos and the composition, so beautiful! Followed you. Also, nominated you for the versatile blogger award! Check out my post!

    xo,
    ochibernadas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is absolutely nothing wrong with girly-ness! In fact, being girly reminds me of my favorite time in life: childhood! Cheers to all that lace, pink, hearts, and roses.
    <3 Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  11. the lace blouse is lovely and so is the little fish :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The blouse's colour is so lovely; I'm definitely in love with pastels this year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty your finds, your kitty is a cutie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. aw, that is gorgeous stuff and the color are lovely!
    and your cat, adorable :D

    love,
    shintahawa
    http://lovevolve-project.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. my allergies are killing me too. I feel like such a nerd taking all this allergy medicine. Your heart glasses are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that lace blouse, can't wait to see what you'll pair it with! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful pieces! And your cat is precious!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow that lace blouse is amazing!


    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that: "the world is a cupcake frame of mind". Lately, I find it fun to name things. I'm calling some bags I'm making 'the boudoir line' and others, 'the cabana line' (too much Project Runway?!! Probably).

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey sweetie! You have a very beautiful blog with a lot of inspiring posts! I'd like to invite you to be my friend and follow each other:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are so classic and beautiful. Same goes for the kitty cat.

    ReplyDelete