Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011: In Review.

I sort of can't deal with this year. Not that anything particularly bad happened in it, but rather that it has flown by so fast that I'm having a hard time conceiving the fact that it's over. Even on a day-to-day basis I'm constantly shocked that it's already the afternoon! By Wednesday I'm scandalized that Thursday is tomorrow!

That said, it's been quite a nice year, and I really must thank all of you for reading and commenting, e-mailing, and all of that! I'm so grateful for everyone, and for this little community that exists. This year especially I've met so many lovely people and new friends! So to wrap things up, here are some highlights from my year!

January
I got bangs! After pining after them for years, I ended up with bangs and chopped off my hair.


February
On day in February it was unseasonably warm. 

March
I tried to have auburn hair for a little while. I'm starting to get the itch for it again, but we'll see if I ever have the nerve. Shortly after this post, I accidentally put that sweater in the dryer and  it was lost to the shrinks.

April
I recreated my favorite movie's poster, and have really been dressing with this sort of thing in mind ever since, especially now that we're heading into the cooler months again! I also cut my hair the shortest it's been in ages, and haven't touched it since!

May
I saw Jane Eyre and started obsessing about that too. John and I started taking more day-trips and visiting historical sites from my childhood.

June
Like Clermont. I had meant to get back there in the fall, but somehow it seemed I kept missing the height of the leaf changing season because of colds and things, so I suppose we'll have to go again in the spring! It was one of my favorite places all year, and I ended up with a dress that I never expected would be one of my favorites!

July
The final Harry Potter movie came out and I had a little party to go with it, and perfected my costume. I've been heartbroken ever since, really, but that's alright! It was so much fun!

August
I turned twenty-five! And went to the beach, and marveled that summer was almost over.

September
This month was slow, as I was floored by two sinus infections! The highlight was probably when I met up with a bunch of my absolute favorite blogger ladies in NYC, where I forgot to take pictures! 

October
I attempted to levitate in a park, while wearing tweed. 
November
I dressed like a book for the second time!

December
And this month, I embraced color again!
Happy New Year everyone! Love to you all!














30 comments:

  1. i love that i love all of these posts. i also cannot fathom how fast this year has gone by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I recently found your blog via calivintage, and I just love it. Your style is equal parts charming + classy. I look forward to following your posts in 2012! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trying to pick my favourite outfit... but then it got too hard. Too many pretty things.

    Have a great new year.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recap of the year! I'm the same way when it comes to wondering what happened to the time. New Year's often throws me into an existential crisis, haha!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have an incredible New Year! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently found your blog, and it has been such a great discovery. I like your delicacy, your genuine vintage style and your writings. I specially love the may's picture, you really became Jane Eyre! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy new year to you! yours is without a doubt my favourite blog. i draw endless inspiration from your sartorial, literary and adventuresome pursuits. i wish you all the best in the new year and a belated happy christmas too! much love from montreal, MAUD

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love when you dress up inspired by movies and books. Genius! Thank you for your wonderful posts. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking at this just reminds me that there's really never a post wasted on your blog. I love them all! Happy New Year to you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. adorables. can't wait to see colors and literary inspirations come your way in '12. i also have a problem with how fast time is flying by. i still think it's 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know much about fashion, but I continue to be impressed with November. Thank you for keeping the standards high in a place where people seem to think it's okay to go outside in pajamas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great photos and I love the story behind them

    ReplyDelete
  13. You do such a great job at being iconic! :) Let's hope 2012 is even more awesome! :D Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy new year, i wish you the best love this post!

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're such a cutie. I loved it. "My Year in Fashion and Style".

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year! I love the Never Let Me Go poster shot!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such lovely photos! I think the Jane Eyre-inspired dress, from May, was my favorite from the whole year. It's so pastel and sweet and pretty!

    Happy New Year!

    xo Julie

    (p.s. I'm having a giveaway for goodies from my etsy shop at http://www.JulieRoseSews.com. I'd love if you checked it out!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. a perfectly spent year I'd say, looking through your photos.
    Happy New Year! :)
    Ballad of Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh what a lovely year we appear to have missed from your fab blog, we've only just discovered this charming site!

    We'll definitely be staying tuned for the year ahead - your style is just amazing! Adore!

    R&L xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ok, I LOVE the "disgusting colors" from your recent post. Like seriously, weird colors are MY FAVORITE.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely blog! Usually I'd hate those green tights but you've made them look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Have a lovely year with lots of inspiration, colors, photos and magic! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loved seeing this recap and so many of your older adorable outfits, love the variety in your style : )
    http://dusanabotswana.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Can't wait to see colors and literary inspirations come your way in '12. i also have a problem with how fast time is flying by.
    Overseas Education

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, your outfits are all so nice. and also a great inspiration for me since i try to get a this more romantic vintage and casual style like yours!And by the way, u have a really nice blog here!xoxo Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  27. OH I love looking at the little series of months! I've been thinking about getting bangs and I've been thinking about it for years too!! I love how yours look. Did you have a reference picture?

    Ly
    http://www.lyzhang.com

    ReplyDelete