Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Docked Out.

Home, home, home! After a week at the beach, collecting freckles and napping in the sand, I'm pleased as punch to be home and burrowing into my own bed and doing my usual thing. I always feel a little bit off for the first day or so home, and so in an effort to get back into the swing of things, I'm posting first-thing!


I've been waiting to wear this little shirt from Clever Nettle for ages, but somehow the few times I've worn it haven't been days when I've documented the outfit. This seemed the perfect time and setting though. I loved it the second I saw it in Anja's shop, and thankfully I had a few pennies lying around the old paypal account, which is just about all it takes for me to snap something up.


Outfit details: Shirt: Clever Nettle; Pants: J. Crew Waverly Chino; Shoes: J. Crew (2010); Sunglasses: Forever21.


I had planned to visit this little dock area a few times, but of course other plans kept us from there! It was only a short walk from the house we were staying in, so we did pop over there one night to drop rocks in the water and see the bioluminescence and the green light on the buoy being Gatsby-esque.



Pictures by John M.

19 comments:

  1. The shirt and your sunglasses are amazing! Such a beautiful setting for it. Glad you had a lovely time! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your shirt! And it looks so pretty there, definitely Gatsby-approved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love your long bangs. Are you growing them out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely thing to be reminded of in a blinking light at a dock.
    Gorgeous sunnies/lipstick combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! i love clever nettle. your blog is amazinf. i'm following. you should check mine out if you like. i have an etsy shop also.
    hammocksandtrampolines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So YOU were the one who snapped that up so swiftly!! It looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the lil sailor top is so darling on you:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love your sunnies

    http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures are gorgeous, I love the last one especially! And how gorgeous is that setting? Ah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that top is darling and the photos really came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. an absolute dream of an outfit for watching the ships come in. it looks as blissful as i'm sure it was!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love your lipstick! will you email me the brand and colour? katiekateme@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh oh! That is one of the Clever Nettle/Demure Folk collaboration pieces. I'm so happy that you're the one who bought it. It was tough parting with it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your look!!

    xx Alexandra

    http://my-cheap-chic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this so much!! Wish I could wear outfits like this all summer. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love love the lipstick you're wearing in the last picture! Can you tell me what it is so I can grab one?

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete