Friday, March 11, 2011

Sweater Tugging Days.

After my last post it snowed a whole lot. That was really fun, except for the part where I totally hated it. Today it was nice though, and I once again had the urge to wear something nice, brush my hair, leave the house.







I've been meaning to wear and post this blouse for over a year! My boyfriend ordered it for me from Francesca's shop last Valentine's day, and it's taken me almost that long to wear it! I was in love with the bunnies from the moment I laid eyes on it, but the sleeves were a bit too snug for my arms. My mother, infinitely resourceful and talented, sewed bits of lace into the underside of the sleeves so I had some extra room and did not loose circulation in my arms.

The skirt is new, something I picked up because I thought it looked like the sort of thing I was always looking for but never had the eye to pick it out. Someone cut one of the faux-pockets open and added a lining so it sticks out a bit on the side, but I like having at least one pocket.





My hair is also, as you might notice, a slightly different shade than usual. A little over a week ago, almost two weeks now, I decided to follow the itch I had and try for an Auburn color. It's one of those things, like bangs, which if you've always kind of wanted you're going to always kind of want until you just do it and get it out of your system.

Initially, it came out very, very bright, and I woke up the next day in the midst of a Jo March moment, clutching at the sides of my head and convinced that it was purple. I feverishly washed my head, dropping the lightly pink soap on the white tub to see if it was still eeking out into the lather, until I was less panicked.

It's not permenant, so it's going to keep fading, but right now it's at a spot where I like it. I'll go back to brunette in April, when I have my next appointment, because nothing else really feels quite right. For the time being though, it's a nice little change to boost myself into warm weather.

Outfit details:
Blouse: Thirteen EightyFive on Etsy
Sweater: J. Crew
Skirt: Vintage
Tights: I couldn't tell you if I tried, which I did.
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell via Solestrick





Pictures taken by John M.

32 comments:

  1. Aww, super cute bunnies. Adorable outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love the bunnies!! And the ruffley sweater. Also the shoes.

    Also that is EXACTLY the color I want my hair to be right now but I just don't know how to do it myself because of my dark ends. And it looks absolutely perfect on you so I don't even know what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gahhh that blouse! how could anyone ever part with it. francesca has unbelievable self-control when it comes to not hording vintage.

    also, i like your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cute blouse! i am glad your mom was resourceful because it would have been such a shame if you had never worn it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blouse! You look very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should consider keeping the auburn awhile, it's lovely! So cool that they got it so rich without using a permanent colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the cutest bunny pattern on your top. I like the ruffled cardigan too, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw I love the hair color, it suits you! That etsy shop is so cute, looking at it now and thinking about buying something :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear Kate!
    I think it looks perfectly lovely--really a warm russet that Vladimer Nabokov would enjoy!
    I know just what you mean about getting a hairdo out of your system and Jo March moments. Just how I felt after dying my hair black as night (just wanted a *little* darker and richer) and feeling like a goth geek and not the chocolate-haired European sophisticate I was trying for when I lived in Barcelona.
    And I've had my fair share of "rich auburn" turned old lady purple. But yours is really just right. Not purple in the least. It makes your cheeks lovely and rosy! As Jo would say, it's a fine "wig"--just don't "grow to vain of it".....
    xoxo,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love your hair cut! When I'm sick of growing my hair out I'm going to go for your! The blunt 60s grown out bob is such a chic look :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. i actually really love the auburn, although of course brown suits you as well. there's a nice warmth to the auburn and just a bit more colour is always nice. i hope the return back to brown will be as seamless as possible - red tones can be hard to remove, may take a few dye jobs to get it completely out (i worked in a salon for a while and was a guinea pig, so i know from experience) :)

    another lovely outfit... nice blouse, very spring-like.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hair looks beautiful! Just a perfect, warm colour.

    And the shirt, so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the red, and often dream about dying mine bright red, but I know the upkeeps a bitch. So right now I'm sticking to black.
    That blouse is gorgeous. I also love the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can I have your hair? ;) Its so lovely!!
    You look gorgeous in these photos girl. I love the yellow top with the long skirt. You look amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! The bunnies are great, and congrats on the hair! I know what you mean about getting things out of your system. Last summer I cut my hair super short, and now I'm good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, what an amazing look! I so so so love the blouse<3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love your hair this shade!! And that blouse is just the darndests thing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh hair decisions! I'm at a complete loss as to what to do with mine at the moment, a hair fail.
    Personally I think you make a fine redhead. Well done for manning up and taking the plunge! After all, it grows back. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just such an adorable outfit...you look so winning and sweet! I love the 40s styling and the bunny print :) Plus, your hair colour is so gorgeous...love that shade with your skin.

    <3 Cambria
    http://twoforteaplease.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. That blouse is adorable, I love all the little bunnies. And your hair looks very pretty too. I love the snow, but I don't think I can take the cold anymore. This year was the first time I had to wear layers in and out of the house! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous blouse! I really need to learn how to do that inserting fabric thing, because my arms are often too big for my clothes. Weird. I either need to lose weight on my arms, or put weight on everywhere else to make myself match.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your hair so red! I love that shade of auburn! And the bangs are still just working so well. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have the same bunny blouse and had the same problem with the arms. Great oxfords, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  24. first, this outfit is so pretty! i love the skirt, and i love that top! second, you sound like me! in the past year i've gotten bangs and (temporarily) died my hair red. like you, they were both things i've always wanted to do and it finally got to the point where i just needed to do it already! the bangs were okay but they got annoying after awhile so they've since grown out. the red was okay too, but i surprisingly missed my brown! so now i'm back to how i was before :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, my gosh, seriously!? That is the prettiest bunny blouse in the whole wide world. And you are adorable!!!

    xx
    Rebekka

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love that bunny blouse and actually I like that hair colour pretty much. I'm a big fan of natural red hair or ruby red hair, but I still miss the courage to colour my hair that way. And I'd love to try out a dark strawberry blonde or caramell blonde one day.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the cardigan and your hair =) Bangs are fun! I've done them twice now but they grow out so fast...

    http://hollydollyfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. How lovely! That bunny blouse is just wonderful, 1385 is an amazing shop!
    Ale

    ReplyDelete
  29. Adorable blouse! Nice to hear your mom saved it for you, so you can actually enjoy wearing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the color! I suppose I'm a little biased though - I went from nearly platinum blond to auburn last year. The trick was for a colorist to get me to the shade I wanted, now I color it with a box from the store!

    Outfit adorable too (as always).

    ReplyDelete
  31. That rabbit shirt is divine!!!

    Love your blog!

    -AMy

    ReplyDelete