Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pumpkinfriends.



I have to say, this was not the outfit I had hoped to debut my new beloved wellies in, but the bits and pieces of the desired look were languishing away in the washing machine, so I had to make do with some gingham and flannel. I also forgot to upload the up-close picture of my new boots, so we will consider this an impromptu meeting, and save the actual day for when it's raining or muddy.

I ended up ordering them in navy blue--my mother has a pair of green ones, that are a big too snug for me, and I rather liked something about the navy instead. They look almost like a soft black, which is ideal, and I love them to little rubbery bits. I had tried them on at Nordstrom, and I suspect they were a slightly different boot, since the ones I tried on were slightly more mailable and light. These heavier versions are probably better though, if the state of my every-day footwear is any indication of how hard I wear my shoes.



I also opted to wear them despite the fact that it was not doing anything even remotely related to rain yesterday. I don't care, I will probably wear them whenever the feeling strikes, weather appropriate or not.

It was less awkward to wear them to the orchard though, to pick up little pumpkins and eat a donut or two. I have a real problem with things like pumpkins, especially the teeny ones. I want to bring them all home! I was really taken with the little ghost pumpkins, but only ended up with two. I have grand plans for these little dudes, so let's hope my procrastination doesn't get in the way of my ambition.


35 comments:

  1. Love the tiny pumkins ! (and your blog).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish it was socially acceptable to wear wellies in non-rainy/muddy weather in the UK! Are they Hunters? I love my hunters, they are just so comfortable and look great on you!

    Also, miniature pumpkins! So cute. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I love teensy little pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these boots and the little pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about doubting a debut, but I think this is actually perfect. Definitely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those little pumpkins too. Last year I got a bunch and carved them into itty bitty jack'o lanterns, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute pumpkins!! Love the gray toned outfit. Its lovely for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww I miss the pumpkin patch! Your gingham is fabulous too

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely and autumnal, love your outfit xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love your outfit, I think it looks very welly-y!

    I went to the dentist recently and my dentist was wearing wellies. I was... worried.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww I love little pumpkins! Whenever I walk by bins of them in the store I have to stop myself from drawing little smiles on each one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. indian ladder = best donuts ever. i love how we know that the secret best time to visit is during the week...it's impossible to get near the place on weekends. last time i went i made friends with a new baby cow and didn't want to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those boots are perfect! I like the navy blue color!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I think the gingham and flannel are perfect and so are those tiny pumpkins!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. your outfit is really cool!!! and pimkins makes me want to cook pumkins pies :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is that Altamont Orchard? You look adorable, loving the wellies :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. eee baby pumpkins! i love baby pumpkins and pumpkin picking, in fact i'm going back again this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. joli décor pour ces photos :) j'aime beaucoup l'ensemble !

    http://little-logbook.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. So darling!!! I have a thing for baby-tiny veggies and fruits as well...I'm curious to see what you do with your ghost pumpkins :) And those wellies are to kill for...you should wear them almost every day, if you ask me!

    <3 Cambria
    http://twoforteaplease.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. ohh, rubber boots are exciting. I only have a clunky gardening-type pair so I don't wear them much.
    Yours are very nice.

    also, mini pumpkins are so perfect. i always wish they didn't eventually rot so I could keep them all year.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful, evocative photographs that make me wish I was down on the farm. You have a superb blog that I look forward to following!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Are the shoes authentic Wellies or a different brand? Also, where did you purchase them? I've been dying to get a pair myself.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute pumpkins!! And I love the look in your eyes.. match your mysterious face perfectly!

    Love,
    The Picnic Girl

    ReplyDelete
  24. I might have the same problem with mini-pumpkins...
    sooo cute :x

    http://tsukikoforvoriagh.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love pumpkins and halloween and autumn! cool blog!

    ReplyDelete
  26. your boots suit you so well, and i know just what you mean: i love teeny tiny pumpkins too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the colour of yout boots. J'Aime.

    Conchi
    http://myjewelsandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. adorbs. i just ordered this dress as well. i'm hoping i will get a lot of use out of it. love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hurray for wellies, I think you should be able to wear them anytime, anywhere!

    Love your hairdo with the red lippie.

    :)

    Shoe

    thingsididmyself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. wasn't sure the best place to comment, so I just went with the pumpkins! (smile)
    Was oh so lucky enough to stumble across your piece of the internet tonight and you and your blog are LOVELY!

    Can't wait to see more. Your style is marvelous. All of a sudden I need wellies.

    ~Michele
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/chelebert12

    ReplyDelete
  31. Other locations can promise gift cards, free samples, special discounts and other savings, but you only go around a useless site to another, wasting time and bombard you with unwanted advertising.

    ReplyDelete