Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Secret Spring.

It's been perfection for a week. The only thing missing are the flowers, the leaves, all that lovely greenery. Phosphorescent copses and funny moss on rocks, you know? But we'll get there. I'm crossing all my fingers and toes that this is here to stay. I even did something brazen! I wore nothing on my legs today! Normally I wait to do such a thing until I think spring is official or until it's ridiculous and hot, but this year I'm optimistic early.



I felt exposed without something wrapped around my legs, but it's kind of easy and nice without them. The dress is one I bought half-price on a whim when a vintage store in the mall was moving. It's tight, tight, tight! I can just barely get away with it, although the buttons pull a little bit, so I might have to part with it after one more wear. I think I love it because of the belt (which makes me think of this dress except not as awesome because that blue confection was everything dreamy), and the neckline which is somewhere between a scoop and a crewneck.

I'm also, suddenly, way in love with mustard colors. I really like them with pink especially, so I'm trying to make it happen as often as possible, but mustard is tricky both to eat and to wear. My other favorite vintage pink dress no longer fits (I've gained, oh dear me, two inches in my waist in the past year. Working in a cake shop will catch up with you, or me at least) and so I'm left with just this one.

There is a blouse at an antique store not too far away that has a silk mustard blouse with a bow at the neck that is inexplicably wonderful, but it's also priced a bit high for a blouse. We'll see. If it keeps haunting me by summer's beginning, I may have to throw caution to the wind and whisk it away to my closet.

37 comments:

  1. On an unrelated note I love your hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love this dress!! The colour is just perfect and I love it paired with the mustard. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this dress is gorgeous! and i feel you about working in a bakery ... some of my favorite skirts are a wee snug after nearly a year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so sweet. I love these colours on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a dress sans tights? that trumps my bold move to finish off today's outfit with gladiator sandals by a country mile :)

    mustard is quite the underrated color. i think it is has so much flair. i've had this mustard cardigan from zara that i still wear with anything and everything.

    here's to a lot more sunshine.

    xo,
    sylvie of silver lining

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh Mamasita, that is one gorgeous outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this dress is just awesome, I love everything that you wear, your style is so romantic =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty! I think you should get that blouse, it sounds like a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel a bit exposed myself transitioning out of a long winter of tights! Beautiful dress and you look great in it. It's my favorite color right now :-D

    xoxo Bardot in Blue
    http://bardotinblue.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply lovely! The color combination is so pretty and sweet... I'm rather loving mustard lately too (although I cannot wear it close to my face--you're so lucky you can! :). Perfect for early springtime!

    ♥ Casey
    blog | elegantmusings.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your dress! and want flowers soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Kater,
    My name is Claire and I'm french.
    I'd love to talk with you, would you mind adding me on msn ?

    Claire__43@hotmail.com

    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  13. This dress looks great on you ;) Love your hair and make up;)

    http://missarsouillevintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like your style, this dress looks marvelous on you + love your hair and make up ;)

    http://missarsouillevintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your style. Us French girls don't have this culture of vintage clothing. We are just a minority !

    Love it, love it, love it !

    ReplyDelete
  16. its only natural to get the blouse - especially if you're parting with the incredible dress you're wearing. this is going into my inspiration folder for sure.

    xo
    Lindsay, mysolitaryconsignment.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're so beautiful! The perfect model.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, with your distaste for cold weather I am happily surprised to see you being this brave with bare legs! I cannot do it (for real) just yet (brrr!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just saw this on calivintage and I cant believe I have never seen your blog before! you're gorgeous and I really love this alot. you pull of pink perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. i can't see any pictures :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey is this your photo?Really beautiful you are than.

    Web hosting india

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, I LOVE that picture! So springy and bright and beautiful! The mustard and pink look so gorgeous together.

    ReplyDelete
  23. eek I know exactly what you mean! It was gloriously warm yesterday and I spent a lovely day wandering around in London, and today it's been raining, hailing, cold, and to top it off I'm stuck inside with French grammar! I can't help feeling the weather and fun-ness of the activities is related...

    ReplyDelete
  24. So pretty. The colors are so light and fresh.

    fireflyworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the pics


    D e g a i n e

    http://www.fashiondegaine.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is such an adorable look.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so beautiful. Probably my all time favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This outfit is adorable.
    I love ittt, such a cute look.
    I really like mustard at the moment to, maybe because its kind of like the sun, kind of

    ReplyDelete