Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Stringing Together Everydays.

In the interest of not falling behind to the point where it gets awkward, I am apologetically posting something hardly thought through and in no way conceptualized! Between the end-of-semester, various holidays, whipping up a Christmas card overnight, and crashing my car (everything's fine!) twice, it's been a busy few weeks.



Not to mention I still find that I'm struggling with getting dressed these days. I think that particular sentence gives a hilarious image to mind--someone, in this case me, sitting on the edge of a bed struggling to put on a sock only to unceremoniously and over-dramatically toss it aside to fling oneself upon the pillows in a fit of agitation. I'm trying to do all sorts of things! Wear pants, find blouses that aren't too-too you-know-what, be nonchalant about my hair! Also, wear lipstick.



Oh dear readers! Please accept my apologies, I am in this funk of wanting to loll around, and it is so so cold! I will persever to pull myself out of it, documenting outfits and whatnot as they are worthy!

<3

25 comments:

  1. I love the contrast of the black against the mustard. Gorgeous love.

    Love Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that the same thing often happens with me. Sometimes there are just those phases with dressing is such a hard thing to do. By the way, I love your story about the sock! Haha.
    Lovely picture of you in the yellow sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know exactly how you feel. getting dressed can turn into an all-day affair, can't it?!

    you did superbly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Grace, the contrast of geometric black & white on the mustard cardi looks great. The cold has got me in the same mood. I don't dress in anything exciting these days, just super warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apology accepted!:):):) Love the yelloow sweater and blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving the red lips, you look so glamorous

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to see a new post! :) No need to apologize, we all know how it is! Things get so busy this time of year!

    http://playingdressupwithkellie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i crashed my car on the 23rd, i feel your pain! glad everything is okay though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I truly feel so much the same way. I am also in red lipstick today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lipstick is something I've begun utilizing more as well. Lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look lovely! You were made for lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kater, I feel like this too everyday in winter. I've been in pjs every day I haven't had to leave the house. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the hat and the light is really, really nice in the 2nd picture. I do hope you get back to outfit documentation :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad to see you posting again! The pictures are lovely, and red lipstick, although a bit tricky sometimes, is worth the effort! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. bahh you're too pretty not to forgive!

    happy new year, kater!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love The Blog!

    http://lipstickthunder.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. i really love how your style is all about the small details. the matching lipstick and nails in the first picture, the mustard of the jumper and white ruffles behind the striped scarf in the second...you show that it isn't the loud statement outfits which are always the most interesting.x

    ReplyDelete
  18. hang in there! That lipstick looks fantastic on you, i'm jealous of your gorgeous porcelin skin.
    -indigo

    ReplyDelete
  19. the red lipstick looks fantastic on your skin tone, am so jelous- i can never pull off red lipstick. And i know how you feel about the cold, it makes me feel sludgy and lazy too!

    khiraki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've only just found your blog but I love it. Your photos are lovely. I'll be following you from now on! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I forgive you. I feel the same way lately!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I find that lipstick is the key; really, you could step out in your eighth grade gym shorts and still look chic with the right colored pout...

    www.allthisgraceandcharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete