Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dear Tags.

I am the laziest person that ever lazied! I have been tagged by the wondrous Neon Relish and Leah of what indie nights?! I just combined the two memes, so it's kind of tl;dr, but um, well yes. It just feel so self-indulgent when it's so long!

Answer these questions, add one of your own, and tag 5 people!

What is your current obsession?
Oh geez! Ever since I was a kid I've been constantly rotating through obsession and phases! I will do it in a strange list form. Pens (I am suddenly all about pens, carrying them with me, looking for new ones), small but dangly earrings, things that are turquoise, tiny toy versions of animals, lemon hand lotion, things that are denim, and gorging myself on gelato from work.

What is your weirdest obsession?
I think that I might hate this question (I like really weird and vague statements like that—like, “I kind of love you” or what-have-you). I guess my weirdest obsession would be bees. I love bees for no apparent reason. I want to keep bees and be friends with them and wear those really scary looking bee-keeping outfits. There is no reason for me to be obsessed with bees at all, especially because I am not a bee-keeper and didn't really feel any deep affinity for bees as a child. I just like them. Especially bumble bees, because they are so fat and adorable. Also, I am waging a war against wasps (one STUNG me. It was in my closet. I live in mortal fear) and I like to imagine that the bees are on my side and they like me better.

What are you wearing today?
Today I was wearing one of my easy-as-pie denim dresses with black over-knees and some glitter flats. Lately I just can't be bothered and I tend to want to wear things that are lacking in the fuss factor. Right now I am wearing a towel as I just finished one of my favorite decadent activities: I sit in a bubble bath—except the bubbles are lame, srsly, they hardly stay—and prop my laptop on the garbage can so I can watch movies (I have certain movies I watch on these occasions, they have to be dreamy and kind of weird) and sometimes I nom on candies. Sometimes I think I'm Margot Tenenbaum. I'm not going to lie, I'm one of those.

What's for dinner?
Bow-tie pasta with tomato sauce and a salad. Then cookies and vanilla milkshake for dessert.

What's the last thing you bought?
Containers of Rose Cold Cream and Lemon Hand Lotion from C.O. Bigelow at Bath & Body Works. Big-ass sale going on, they were all like, three dollars! I called my mom and we stocked up. I will also go back tomorrow. Mmm, roses and lemons.

What do you think about the person who tagged you?
There are two of them! They are lovely, delicious people whose blogs I cannot wait to watch and read all the time. I find it kind of shocking that people who are that cool would actually tag me for a meme! <333

That question about a fully furnished, paid-for house that everyone answers with 'Paris' or 'New York'.

Oh geez. I don't know. I'm actually okay where I am. I've never not liked where I lived! But I suppose I would say, if we have to pick something extravagant, Philly. I really love it, it's a fantastic city and I used to spend summers there all the time. I will also be typical and say New York, because wtf-ever! I don't live that far away as it is, and hopefully some fantastic individual will hire me from there and I will be preciously quaint and whimsical.

What is your must-have item for summer?
Air conditioning. I wilt and die in the heat. Also, sunscreen. If I could I would fill the tub with it and soak in it so that I would never burn or freckle.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would it be?
To bed, with the blankets all fixed and everything perfect.

Who do you want to meet right now?
No one, because I am sitting around in a towel covered in my own eyeliner. In general, when I am dressed and presentable, I would like to meet a lot of people. I'd love to meet so many of the bloggers who I admire!

What is your favourite piece of clothing from your own closet?
I hate this question also. But, I will pick. I have this one dress. I got it from Anthropologie about 4 or 5 years ago, and I bought it not on sale, that is how much I loved it. I saved and saved and saved for it, and then sent my cousin to go get it for me. I've only worn it once, but I love it more than anything. It's Plenty by Tracy Reese and it's got beads all over it.

What is your dream job?
I would like to be a writer, please.

What's your favourite magazine?
I like Elle. I'm pretty basic and boring with this stuff. I love Lula also, but I think of that as more of a book anyway. I also really love New York Magazine, and Newsweek. I read those all a lot.

What do you consider a fashion faux-pas?
When people leave the “100% Cashmere” on their coat/scarf/etc. Also, when they leave the little threads in the vents or pleats of jackets. It really irritates me.

Describe your personal style.
Bookish feminine. Oh geez, I don't know!

What are you going to do after this?
The plan is to do laundry and exfoliate. But I will probably throw the clothes on my floor and crawl into bed.

Three styling tips that always work for you:
1. Always over-dress for the occasion.
2. When in doubt, tie it in a bow.
3. Cardigans fix a multitude of sins.

What are you proud of?
Oh, silly things. This blog, I think it's rather nice. My journals, the little stupid poems written in the margins of things. My grades, surviving the semesters and all that.

What do you see outside your window?
The sky, and trees! I live in the attic, so I have only skylights really.

What is your favorite color?
I always gravitate to this one shade of blue. It's not cerulean, but it's close. It's between cerulean and turquoise. I love it. I have a cardigan in that color, and it's just about the most sad thing in my closet. It's all pulled and pilling and missing buttons. But I keep wearing it and cannot get rid of it. I also like that really light, peachy, pinkish tan color of tea-paper.

What is your weakness?
Procrastination. I am epic-ly awesome at it. Oops.

What animal would you be?
I think everyone has said cat! Me too. Then we could all hang out together and be graceful and adorable and have tails! It's like that thing, that line, in Vanilla Sky. I will see you in another life, when we are both cats—or something. I really like bunnies an awful lot, but I would want to be a cat.

What would you like to learn how to do?
It would be nice to be able to sing. I cannot, at all! I have a very hard time hearing and really getting music, and all that, but it would be quite nice.

What do you want to never happen in life?
Zombies. I was going to say all manner of epic disaster, and that still applies, but John and I were talking about this the other day. I really, really, really hate zombies. So much. I have no illusions about it. Come zombies, I know there is only so far a girl like me can get with a flashlight and a box of triscuits, so I'll just cut my losses and jump off something high. Or, rather not have them at all!

What is on your bedside table?
A lot of things. I am a pack-rat. There is the alarm clock that is older than dirt, and the other alarm clock that is shaped like an adorable pink egg, one journal, three pencils, two pens, a bowl with bobby pins, hair elastic, an eraser shaped like a peanut, vaseline, and pills. Two books, birthday and anniversary cards from the boyfriend, phone charger, mice-in-a-box puppets, sleep mask, rose hand lotion, and a bottle of water.

What was your favorite children's book?
Oh Simple!

What did you want to be as a child?
An artist, or a veterinarian.

What did you dream about last night?
No idea. I have been having really mundane dreams these days. It's very hard to tell what things really happened and what didn't, what was in dream territory and what is real. It's making things really hard, sometimes! It makes my days seem all fuzzy and weird.

Which do you prefer, day or night?
Day. I'm not really a night person, although I keep staying up late anyway now that I don't have work or classes super-early! I do much better in the mornings. I'm more productive. At night I just hit a wall and get tired and useless.

What would you like to get your hands on right now?
The perfect dress. Wouldn't we all, hahaha.

What is your must-have of the moment?
The pinkest lip-gloss!

What's your favorite tea flavor?
I favor floral flavors. My favorite ever is Mariage Freres Eros tea, although almost any black tea with roses is delightful for me.

What are you looking forward to?
Summer! Normally, I dread it. I'm sure once it gets here I'll be totally over it, but for now it seems to be running away from us even as we prepare for it. The days keep hovering around the high 60s and low 70s—which normally is perfection. I just want it to be hot now though! I want to be scorching and oppressed by the heat an then I want to jump in the pool and maybe go drink a milkshake and feel sick for drinking dairy on a hot day.

Now, my question:

Pick one line of poetry that sums up your mood right now. (That's not a question, but whatever <3)
“I was going to write a poem
I made a pie instead”


I shall tag:
Curiouser & Curiouser
Warm Pajamas
spider, spin me a story
Textbook Enigmatic
loxlie




I bought this romper on a whim at Urban Outfitters last week. In my area we don't have one. The closest is in Northampton, MA, where we go fairly often for concerts and visits and shows and things, and I saw it there about a month ago. When we went back, it was still there so I grabbed it. It's got kind of a weird mechanic vibe going on, or perhaps farm-girl. I'm not really sure what to do with it. It seems like once the weather gets warmer it will be really nice and easy, but for now we're just glaring at each other from opposite sides of the room. My original plan was to wear it bike riding, but my bike is in a sad state at the moment. We'll have to see.

27 comments:

  1. It's a long one, right? You're a trooper. :)

    I loved this: "if we have to pick something extravagant, Philly." Yay! I used to live there and I miss it a lot.

    And this made me laugh out loud: "I know there is only so far a girl like me can get with a flashlight and a box of triscuits, so I'll just cut my losses and jump off something high."

    Also, that mechanic romper is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading your blog for several months, and I had no idea you lived in Western Mass! I totally live in Sunderland/Northampton as of July 1st; what a small world. Well, hello, fellow valley-dweller.

    <3
    Cora Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neon: Haha, thanks! I love Philly. I have family there, so we try to visit, but it's really just so awesome!

    Cora: Oh no, I must have worded that strangely! I actually live in Upstate, NY--about 1.5 hours away from Northampton :) We go fairly often though, it's good for a day-trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your answers made me smile! And I love bubble baths though I just read as I'd be much too afraid of dropping the combputer in the water...

    ReplyDelete
  5. your romper is adorable!

    my favorite part of this entire q&A was
    "Sometimes I think I'm Margot Tenenbaum. I'm not going to lie, I'm one of those."

    i love love to be a writer too, please...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was an enjoyable little read :) I don't see why becoming a writer should be any problem at all for you!

    A few notes!

    1. Rose and lemon are among my favorite scents, too <3 I may just call Bath & Bodyworks and see if we have a sale going on over here!

    2. I'm so glad you said your favorite place was Philly - my family is taking a trip this summer and we're thinking Philadelphia :)

    3. Those floral sneakers, oh my. I may just have to ask you where you got them from.

    4. Overall - you are charming and I'm going to keep reading :D Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone does say Paris or New York! I say, there's no place like home! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bettie: The sneakers are from H&M :D They're wonderful, I've been trying not to wear them all the time so that I don't wear them out <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Only a few words:
    I. Just. Love. Reading. You.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh, thank you so much for the tag! i will absolutely get around to doing this :)

    your styling tips made me giggle, and they are very good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved reading this post :D

    Your romper is adoreable! Sorry to hear 'bout your bike...mine is also not in riding state for the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love your romper! and with those sneakers!!! too cute. also it is not silly to be proud of your grades/surviving school!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you live in an attic? how marvelous! that romper is lovely, and I am a pen hoarder as well.
    -indigo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome romper! I'm getting a mechanic vibe too, and I like it.

    Haha about bees, lol, I'm actually not a fan of bees OR wasps. Or bugs in general, ick! And I'm with you. Overdressing is the way to be. :D

    And yay thanks for tagging me! I need to get this done sometime after I get back from LA :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look so sweet! I love the socks and shoe combination.
    Also, air conditioning is the most sensible summer must-have I have heard lately!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the tag dear!
    I love your romper. I've been looking for one lately, but can't seem to find any at a reasonable price!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really loved reading this! Your answers were so amusing. I particlarly love your line of poetry.

    Your bike looks cool, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous post, you make me kind of miss blogging.

    Love the romper, I want one, although I sincerely doubt it would suit me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. After reading this, I'm pretty sure we would be good friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely blog you have. I do like your bike.

    Polly Farthing Vintage Blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love the romper and sneaker. look cute on you. it compliments you very well =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. The romper is really lovely. Also the tags left on scarves etc that are visible is definitely a faux pas. I cut mine off, always!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your blog and that romper is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You probably wouldn't wear these, but when I saw them I thought of that teapot necklace you have:):)
    http://www.thischarminggirl.com/teapotear.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is my first time visiting your blog :)
    Its one lovely blog, you write in such a lovely way.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  26. That romper is so sweet! It does seem to give a mechanic vibe.

    I love your bike; I wish mine was like it. Instead I have a Huffy or something like that...

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love it! Very creative!That's actually really cool..
    謝謝你的文章分享,請你有空到我

    參觀,Thanks

    ReplyDelete