Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Arrival.

I think it's safe to say, with only the tiniest bit of hesitation, that we've somehow slid into official summer weather. It rained and rained for days. Even as someone who always proclaimed that I faithfully adored rainy weather I started to feel downtrodden, barely able to throw anything on besides some jeans and a tank-top with a cardigan. Rain is charming, but there is something insulting about rainy summer days—particularly here where the humidity practically squashes you onto the ground so that everyone is roaming around like snakes on their bellies. Flattering, yes. I also chastise myself every time I start a post in my head and the weather is one of its subjects. Could there be anything more boring or typical? But, I mean, it doesn't really matter, in the end.

At last I was able to wear something summery yesterday. Despite all my bragging about wanting the intense summer heat I did find myself more than a little exasperated and fatigued from it. In the shade it was lovely—there was a light breeze—but walking in the sun was almost a nightmare. I should probably also learn to stay out of the sun generally as much as possible. I forgot my hat!

Today promises to be hot also, because of the weather channel, but also because of the weird, hot morning we've got going on so far. I'm crossing my fingers and toes and hoping that later its hot enough to go in the pool!





I'm also still trying to sneak stockings and hose in somehow. Yesterday I wore some flesh-hued fishnetty things, which worked out rather nice, but I'm not sure how much longer I can keep up that charade. It's nice for these early days of summer, when my patience hasn't worn out with the heat and when I'm still less-than-confident in my thighs.

22 comments:

  1. That floaty top is perfect for summer. And your thighs are just as lovely as the rest of you! The shorts you have on look great on you. Are those polka dots? I too would love to continue wearing socks but its already become to hot out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top is lovely. It's not hot enough in the UK yet so leggings, stockings and the like are still ok to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful outfit! The blouse is especially charming and is perfect for summer! :-)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous little summer outfit. I adore the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your blouse! what a chic summer look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the combination of the long blouse over the shorts. Very good for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a simply lovely blouse. i love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a soft and lovely outfit, and your light skin is so beautiful.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect summer outfit! I'm still working on the whole shorts-confidence thing...skirts are fitting the bill so far, though!

    I <3 your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The top is Simply Beautiful!!! :,)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the shape of that top. You can totally wear short-shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love that whole outfit :D Looks great on you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are definitely going on my blog roooolll. I just found your blog, and I already adore you.


    kirstine

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete