Friday, May 15, 2009

The Always Afterthought.

I keep thinking about more always and nevers! It's a funny way to categorize things, also kind of pointless, but it's weird to think of things that way. When there are only two options the littlest things—although it seems it would be the easiest of answer—become huge objects to contemplate. That makes these next things seem much more meaningful than they are, but if there is anything I am working to believe in, it's meaning in the frivolous. I think this explains why I had such a terrible time with my paper on Thoreau.

One of my other always items is a beauty item. Maybe it's a beauty secret—I'm not sure. My mother and I use A&D ointment for everything. I am convinced that it heals any skin ailment ever. I might not put it on a zit, but it's good for those last few days of a breakout when it's just red and irritated and wounded instead of all sad and infected and grotesque. For skin that is red, dry, irritated in any manner, this fixes it. Hands down, it is the best stuff ever. Bacitracin comes in at a close second for most necessary skin-care (I use that on break-outs as well. It sounds weird, but I swear by it). Mostly though, I use A&D for makeup removal. I think it's better than vaseline, for some reason, and I use it every night to get my mascara and liner off. It is especially handy since I've started using MAC's liquid last liner, and that is some in-tents stuff!


(Photographic evidence of the process.)

Essentially, this is a pointless post in which I abuse comas like it's my job. But, you know. I just felt like sharing :)

I'll be out-of-town for the weekend: family reunion! We've never had one before, so it should be interesting. I got a new dress for the event, but it has some staining on it I didn't notice so I don't know if I'll use it. I'm going to wake up early and try and dye the entire thing with some tea—which has worked before so cross your eyeballs that it works this time as well! In the meantime, have some pictures of my attempts to capture the strange light thing that happens in my room at night.






15 comments:

  1. have fun! my last family reunion was when I was 7, but whenever a cousin of mine has a bat mitzvah or something its like a semi-family reunion haha

    good luck with the dress, i've never thought of using tea before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tea-dying? what is this magic and why have i not tried it before?!
    as always, you look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 2nd picture. It captures your curls so well.

    I'm totally with you about finding meaning in the frivolous. I'm trying to learn to be less overly practical. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures!

    I've never been to a family reunion. Always wondered what they'd be like...I haven't met much of my extende family. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos! :) Interesting beauty tips too--especially about the Bacitracin for breakouts (of which I am suffering right now. Ugh!). I shall have to try that...

    Have a lovely weekend and good luck tea dying that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love these photographs! soo elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :-) gorgeous photos and thanks for the tips! you look really beautiful in these and i love the tiny bit of lace on your shirt :-D

    xxxc

    ReplyDelete
  8. you always look great :)
    well i hope that your dress will look good :> will you take pictures of it? i'd love to see it!
    have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you always look great :)
    well i hope that your dress will look good :> will you take pictures of it? i'd love to see it!
    have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. well i gotta admit, liquid liner is very intense. you use whatever works with that stuff. it's like a no man's land.

    the photos are very lovely by the way. you look very pretty in profile, what with the curls and such.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that must be awesoem, we've never had a family reunion(We have about 3 family members in all of the
    United States) so, i guess it would be pretty interesting. and i use neosporin on anything, including pimples and breakouts. XD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Liquid eyeliner is still one of the great mysteries of life to me so kudos on even attempting- although it looks great on you!

    Beautiful pictures of you!

    Hope the family reunion was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so beautiful in these photos :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a really clever idea- I hope you have a great vacation- it was nice to run across your blog! for pimples, I actually use plain white toothpaste at night, and it may sound crazy, but it gets the hob done!

    ReplyDelete