Friday, March 6, 2009

The Dark Spring.

I know that now that the weather is warmer (a note here: don't trust it! Not if you live where I do, in the Northeast, where it is almost always guaranteed that we will get one more snow storm in March right after it gets warm and our souls get all toasty and excited. Don't trust it, I warn you) I'm supposed to ache and hanker for all the little pastel and pretty light things that I've been pushing aside in favor of warm thick layers. The idea is that you pull on the edges of all the pretty little lace frocks, the incomprehensible cotton dresses, gauzy pointless sweaters and all that with pastel and color and a vivacity of patterns that make Easter eggs look like postage stamps.



But I'm feeling a spring that's a little darker. It's not exactly like fall, because then it's all about grabbing the heavy knits when we're not used to the shocks of cold, but it is the same kinds of colors--I think. Black at least, and maybe weird raspberries and browns. It's like, I want this spring to be made of the same materials as the last, but be in darker colors!





(I know, ahhh, I'm going to start saving the sources for these pictures. Originally I was just going to keep these inspiration things in my own little folder and it didn't matter, but now it does! I know that last one, at least, is from facehunter.)

17 comments:

  1. That girl in the second photo is soo cute! I love her knee socks over her tights.

    Even though I am one of the many aching for pastels and light colors for spring, black is always a good color to break out for any outfit in any season.

    Acckk, I should start doing homework instead of obsessively reading fashion blogs. I will not procrastinate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I want to be that first girl! Everything about that outfit is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love the first girl and her outfit.
    And I know how you feel, about a darker spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. I do want some pastels, but mostly to pair with darker things. I can't wait for real spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first girl's outfit is so darkly romantic. I love this idea for spring...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The second girl is so adorable! I'm a big fan of knee socks over tights, and combining black and brown, which makes her extra perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVE the second photo, and i think the words you wrote about not trusting warm snaps in march ... beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bottom girl is magic. From top to toe. I love the slightly destroyed, rotting look of the lace sheer top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even if it's dark, the daintiness of the top makes it perfect for Spring. I love the photos you found. Those girls are so chic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love when they feature clothes like that first picture! its like they take a beautiful xray

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, the last outfit is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That last outfit is wonderful. Can't wait to see what you do with this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The last pic is so cute!
    I agree with you - there is something weird in the fashion this spring - I find myself prefering darker colours, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am not a fan of most pastels, blame my winter complexion and YEARS of being subjected to ugly department store Easter dresses :P So I hear you, totally :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the giant flower on the second girl's hat. She looks adorable.
    I love the idea of rich, dark spring fashion but Australian springs are way too warm for it.

    ReplyDelete