Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Cat is Out of the Bag! (Not that I keep cats in bags)

Now I feel like I might have built this up too much! I do that with everything really, with with other people and with myself! But it is too late to bother thinking much about those sorts of things. After months and months, I've finally thrown a etsy shop together!

etsy
(Click me!)

I know, for how long it seems I've been working on it, it's a bit meager and silly at the moment! But mostly, I have piles and piles of stuff I couldn't bear to leave behind at thrift and vintage stores and either 1.) never knew what to do with in the first place or 2.) never got around to wearing. So here it is, no better time to work on this sort of thing than when one doesn't have a day-job!

Eventually I'll throw a banner up, work on international shipping (let's see how I do with the regular kind first!), and have more stuff! I have a pile of blazers that is threatening to eat me alive if I don't tackle it first, so those have to go in! But for now, there it is, my little ugly deformed secret <333 So that is what has been taking up my time for the last two weeks (well, that and school)!

ETA 3/6/09: Aaand I just threw it into vacation mode :D I am a profound idiot and messed up something with my paypal, so it's going dormant for a day or so until I work it out. Oh dear! But other than that, it's working out well :D I'll let ya'll know when it's open again!

24 comments:

  1. Congratulations! And the chalkboard/old school room looks lovely as the background. Will be keeping my eye on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Let us know when you ship internationally, I'll be waiting with eager wallets! (I live in Canada btw)

    x0x0 Lusty

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! You're already on the front page!

    Good luck with the shop. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have a beautiful looking store - congratulations on its debut!

    I agree with Amber - the chalkboard/school room looks absolutely fantastic as a backdrop for your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I'm sure you'll have lots of lovely stuff to buy since your outfits are always so well put together. And I agree with Amber I really like the vintage chalkboard, it really adds to the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey i just checked out your shop and it looks awesome!! u have some great stuff in there too:) congrats
    let us know when you'll ship to canada!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! This IS a big deal! You have really pretty stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! i love the chalkboard background in the pictures!

    I've been following your blog for a while and have yet to comment until now. Good luck with the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! How fun!!! :) I just love your array of pretty frocks... the gingham one is calling my name, but alas, the waist is right on the edge for me. *sigh*

    Best of luck with this new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to the Etsy!
    I just LOVE the way you took the photos with the chalkboard drawings.
    I'm sure you'll do well.

    Let us know when you've figured out the international shipping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ingenious and i totally love the blackboard background. if you find a pin similar to your bee pin for sale, promise you'll let me know first!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fantastic! You're going to do so well. The photography is excellent- I love how you're using the chalkboard!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, I hope you do well!
    LM
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! Your store is so wonderful, I love the photos and items!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the product photos! Love love love. I'm so happy I found your blog. Hope the etsy store goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. yaaaaaaaaaaay this is so cool! please work on international shipping soon! I'd kill for those reserved white shoes :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats! ^_^

    I have been thinking about opening at etsy store myself... but I am feeling a bit intimidated! I wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! The chalkboard drawings are so cute. I really want that navy dress, but funds are low, right now. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. very cool, let us know when you add items please.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want everything that's listed. Everything.
    And the way you've shot all the items is very cute, I like!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats!
    Well, not about the paypal problem. I hated paypal when I first starting using it, it is a complete nightmare to set up and sort everything out. I actually think I got my mum to do it (I was about 15 at the time).
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. i'm so excited! i LOVE the chalkboard background! i'm going to post about you. you're fabulous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete