Sunday, February 15, 2009

These Envious Days.

Happy Belated Valentine's Day! My boyfriend and I tend to stretch the holiday, however faux-holiday it might be, over the weekend (mostly because we can't deal with the crowds at restaurants and things, trying to get reservations and all that mess!) so we're going out for dinner tonight instead of yesterday! I am excited because it means the heart-shaped cupcake tins at Target might be on sale.

The more important reason for this post though, is this girl:





who was pictured on The Sartorialist this morning. I love it. Love it, love it, love it to bits and bits. It makes me simultaneously thrilled and breathless and deeply envious and greeeeen! It's so lovely, because the weather is just dreadful lately--we had a few teasing days of springy tempratures, and now it's back to cold--but she's found such a great way of layering and being cute. I think my favorite thing is the little bit of shape and volume in the skirt. Plus, it's tweed. I love tweed; I might be having a secret love affair with it.


"But why was the world ever created?" asked Candide.
"To drive us mad," was the reply.


(Also, my pictures are back! I believe I've fixed the issue, fingers and toes crossed it stays that way!)

16 comments:

  1. i starred this on my reader this morning too! i love the polka dot with the tweed so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I totally thought of you when I saw this picture. I love it, too. Have a nice belated V Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I was breathless when I saw it too! Happy belated valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, I had already saved the picture onto my computer when I saw it on the Sart - you have great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this too! amazing textures and colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i saw this too and it is definitely in my top favorites of sart shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this too and nearly died! The detail shot really sealed the deal, all the textures and colors are so ingenious together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ZOMG the shoes and skirt also make me all kinds of shades of green! Also, blue tights make the world a happy place ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just saw this girl right before I came to your blog and it was instant love for me as well. I saved it so I could remember to put more details into my outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this girl's outfit! I know what you mean, it's been warm one day & cold the next day. I can't wait for spring to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely quote. I'm giving you an award on my blog for your fabulous style! ^^ xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I posted this girl on my blog a couple weeks ago (then my posts were lost and I'm not sure if I restored it or not). The mixing of herringbone with dots is so fantastic. Did you see her again on the Sartorialist last week? Another killer outfit.

    Nice blog you have here!

    ReplyDelete