Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Fear of Buttons and Links.

This whole photobucket thing has thrown me off! No worries dears, I should have it resolved by this afternoon. I've had an eventful week. Besides classes, which are frightening and intimidating, I've done some fabulous things. My good and wonderful friend Lorelle of Luscious Letters has given me the hooping bug! (So many links in this post, things to do!) It's fantastic! My real, live hoop is in the mail via a Valentine's day gift from my boyfriend. Also in the mail is my new camera. I'm so excited I could die! I've wanted a new one for ages, since the camera I use now is just deeply crappy, and I decided that using my graduation money for a DSLR was a good investment! I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on it. Anticipate more posts!


Button your eyes at the Coraline website!

This afternoon I'm going to see Coraline in 3D. Again, so excited that I might pass out. I'm such a sucker for stop-motion, not to mention it's based on the glorious Neil Gaiman book. I kind of love (don't you just adore vague phrases like that? 'I kind of love' and that sort of thing) the button your eyes feature on the website. I spent a goof half an hour trying to decide on what kinds of buttons I wanted. In the end it was between a nice ivory pair or the Other Mother black ones. I went for the black purely for the creepiness factor. But I love that it vintage-i-fies your picture and lets you pick a frame. The music on the website is so weird and creepy. It makes me so thrilled!

And so, the whole point of this post is to send love and note that we'll have exciting things coming! I've got something secret and hopefully fun in the works, fingers crossed that I haven't said too much and jinxed it into doom already.


17 comments:

  1. omg the coraline thing is just too cool, I love anything neil gaiman and cannot wait to see this movie. you must tell us how it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a cool site, I love the photo! What a wonderful camara by the way, can't wait to see photos taken with it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting a hoop! If you ever want a new one let me know and I can make one up for you! Enjoy the hoop, take pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am SO jealous.there's no coraline 3D around here. only the regular kind. that movie better be amazing, because i've been waiting for it for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excited for your news....!!
    I would love a new camera, can't wait to see all the new shots you take with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for pictures with the new camera. DSLRs really are an amazing investment. I love the button effect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I've nominated you for a award!
    I really enjoy reading you blog, its always very wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did that button thing too, which reminds me I need to go see Coraline now.

    btw, cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for Coraline! I adored the book and I hope the movie will be out soon here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I watched the movie on Friday night - it was soooo good! No 3-D, though... the IMAX is still playing Dark Knight. Blah.

    I also just spent about 30 minutes "buttoning" several of my pictures. What a fun feature! :)

    Love your blog - hope you get the Photobucket thing worked out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you like the movie? I saw it on Friday and thought it was great. I haven't read the book, and I considered this a real shame before I walked in the theatre because I always read the book before the movie!! This time I didn't, though, because my boyfriend suggested it at the last minute.

    Anyways, I'm rambling! I love that you did a post on this and that you buttoned your eyes! It's cutely eerie.

    Diane
    http://recycleddarling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow cool..I tried to read the sandman comics by neil gaimin but i just couldn't get through them. Maybe I will give this one a shot! Can't wait to see the photos you take with your new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So, I'm just discovering all the wonderful blogs out here and stumbled across yours. I was thinking, within the first post I read, that I rather like yours. And then I saw this post! Hurray for Coraline! (if you look at my blog, you'll see why I'm a wee bit biased)
    Anyway, I like your style.

    ReplyDelete