Monday, October 20, 2008

Comfort in Skirts and Chocolate.





First, the most humongous thank you to all the sweet-hearts and love-birds who sent happy blog wishes my way <3 You are all gloriously wonderful and keep me buoyant through dreadful midterms and stressful days! I am so so crazily glad! For ages and ages I never wore this skirt, and now I can't get enough of it. It makes me feel terribly lucky that it sparked my interest in the first place, while strangely suspicious of all the things I haven't grabbed and kept hidden away for months and are now homeless or unloved somewhere. A parade of dejected blouses and skirts. I've been resisting the urge to expunge some chunks of my wardrobe as of late. My closet broke, again, and I've been guiltily subjected to all kinds of things I've never or hardly worn. I always feel a terrific dichotomy going on: on the one hand, I want to toss everything out of the window (and into the pool), and on the other I want to pack-rat it all away like a mad clutter fiend. It's a tormented result, although it seems to resemble the latter part of that sentiment.

I also find, on a totally different and pointless note, that I am much more excited by makeup in the cooler months than any other. I haven't worn quite so much eyeshadow and all in ages, and it's kind of a nice change. I just love little make-up pots and strange containers. I'm such a sucked for packaging, especially things masquerading as functional when really it's just for strange's sake. I also eat a lot of candy. A lot. Most people, when they truly wittness this because I am not exaggerating, are astounded. I have a giant sweet tooth and it is trying to eat all the candy in the world.

25 comments:

  1. i purged so much of my closet this past summer. i know i will have regrets eventually, but i felt a little bit better about it because i gave nice things away to charity shops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that skirt and the eye makeup. I'm really sick of my clothes, as well, but I have been rediscovering older pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to wear more eyeshadow too! you look lovely as always xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shirt is lovely. I want chocolate too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi hi, your blouse is very Dorothy!
    And I too don't experiment enough with colour shadow. You've inspired me to have a play session.

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That skirt is very adorable! Candy is quite essential to me, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing about this outfit that I don't adore, but I especially like how the patterns on the cardigan and skirt play off one another.

    I can never throw anything away. It's awful. Not just clothes, either - bits of paper, tickets, interesting sweet wrappers... I hate to imagine what my collection of junk will be like when I'm sixty.

    I would really love some chocolate now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are seriously the best dresser ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes yes yes. a yes for the skirt a yes for the chocolate and a yes for the make-up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the cardigan is the perfect piece to finish off this look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This look is a very cute mix. I have a sweet tooth too! Chocolate (and/or candy) every day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this outfit--you look so pretty! It's definitely making me want to pull out a similar skirt I've got stashed away... ;) I had to chuckle a bit at your pack-rat comment. That is totally me! lol.

    I've been rocking the eye makeup lately myself too! I tend to do more during the cool months because a dark smoky eye just seems right for fall. ;) Or maybe it just lets me feel like I can indulge in a little "Halloween dress up" everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just really need to eat some chocolate now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such an adorable outfit. Also the last image is really awesome--the subtle match of nails to necklace and eye shadow to chocolate is very cool (and probably unintentional...).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello beautiful! I just wanted to say thank you for your amazing blog. I always enjoy your content very much. I have given you an award. You can link to my blog to read the details of the award: http://nothing-elegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whee! I've seen your posts on newestwrinkle and was so happy to find your blog! And also relieved that you seem every bit as romantic and intelligent and earnestly quirky as you look.

    I do think I have a crush on you.

    Keep up the general brilliance!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow! I've fallen in love with your blog (therefore with a part of you I guess) (don't missunderstand, I'm not a lesbian or anything, i just like ur blog)(complicated me :8)

    ReplyDelete
  19. you are so adorable. i have been reading your blog a while now and felt the need to tell you how cute you look!

    ps. the makeup looks nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've just figured out who you remind me of - Liv Tyler! The resemblance is really striking, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely photos. And I wish I could eat that much sweets and still look as gorgeous as you do! I love the outfit, the colours are so rich and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this outfit-the stripes, the checks, the adorable necklace...
    And you hair is simply stunning!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is one of my FAVORITE outfits from you. I would wear this entire ensemble if I could. How wonderful for fall. And I am right there with you dear--I have the biggest sweet tooth. I have to have chocolate everyday or I may cease to exist, haha. Oh, and I tagged you--so if you want to do it just check it out on my blog!
    Ciao ciao hun <3
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete