Monday, September 29, 2008

Blissful Brogues


(I am wearing jeans! Can you believe it? I'm not sure what to do with myself.)

A few weeks ago, maybe it was only two but I can barely remember now, I was contacted by a lovely Danielle of Solestruck.com. Someone liked my blog and wanted to bestow some wonderful shoes of my choosing on me! At first, I was skeptical, but promptly realized my initial reaction was terribly wrong. As it turns out Danielle was lovely and not at all someone creepy! After much hemming and hawing I picked out Jeffrey Campbell Steppin in a brown shade.



Originally my boyfriend disagreed with my choice, and condemned them as Witches (or rather, witchy, but it's much more dramatic if I cast him as a witchfinder in this funny little tale, so that the shoes might be in danger of being burned at the stake, and also so that I may make inapropraite jokes) but has quite seen the genius of these little beauties! They are so comfortable I almost want to die, with the perfect heel height and all. It was quite a hard choice to make however, since I had quite the little list of shoes to choose from. On the upside, they do offer free shipping, and so providing the financial structure that surrounds us does not collapse and force me into clothing-destitution, I may have to reward myself for something innane in the near future!

And, I know, jeans! It's the weirdest feeling, wearing pants. I forgot the difference it makes in things, how much more strangely exposed they make me feel, but in the past few weeks I've been--gallently I think--trying to challenge myself into working with them. I've always admired women who are able to effortlessly compile outfits that look put-together and right while wearing jeans. I am sure that is a statement that goes against all kinds of fashion magazine rules, since a good pair of jeans are always on the must-have list, but there you have it!

18 comments:

  1. oo fun shoes, and the purple laces are divine! pants look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with jeans, too. They make me feel uncomfortable and kind of ... sloppy? That's the best description I can think of.

    Hooray, free shoes! They're lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous shoes!! I personally love jeans - think i was born in them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. witchy is good right? I certainly think this little outfit is the best kind of witchy, bewitching, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shoes, the purple laces are the perfect touch to liven the browns up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shoes are fantastic, but I really love your shirt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so cute!!! I just love the tones--so perfect for the autumn! :)

    Ah, jeans... I tend to shy away from them, just because I never feel as confident and pretty wearing jeans as I do in a skirt or dress! :p My hat goes off to gals who pull the look off well (including you, my dear--you look fantastic! :)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boyfriends never really know lol. Love them and that cute belt with the rose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful shoes!!! I have been looking at those for a couple weeks now! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i feel like shoes make all the difference when it comes to wearing jeans, and you have really picked a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cute in jeans!! And I like your shoe choice too, purple laces? cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous, and definitely the antithesis of witchy shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, jeans! I love your belt. Those shoes are definitely the best thing ever--they're a tiny bit witchy, but in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello again! I have given you a blog award (that you have probably received a million times already). :) Details are here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, those are lovely -- good choice. I particularly like the contrasting purple laces.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have these in grey & black and I adore them.

    ReplyDelete