Friday, August 15, 2008

Rainy Days, Sunny Days, Birthdays, Nowadays



It has been ages since I bothered with any kind of an outfit. Work is in an uproar and I am finding myself there forty hours a week, packing in all kinds of hours before school starts, in a desperate need for coverage at the store as well as looming car loan payments which require insane amounts of dollars. Somehow, my mood for clothes and outfits is just lacking and deflated, unhappy with strange in-between weather and no time. It's terribly terrible when dull real-life related things down-trod on the carefully constructed vision of day-to-day.

Wednesday was lovely, although a bit warm for my tastes, as I had nothing in particular to do. I made my way downtown to buy a birthday card for a friend and met my mother for an impromptu splurge at one of the local farmer's markets. When I was little we used to go all the time! Vendors collect outside the State Capitol (ol, al? My mind wanders) building and we used to sit and eat hot dogs, then go and get green beans, raspberries, corn, tomatoes and flowers at the Empire State Plaza.



This time, I grabbed a apricot glazed pastry and a dry soda and plunked myself on a marble edge for lunch. If only I could be so lucky today! I am in a rut, I suppose, and need a change of weather, of scenery! Never in my life did I think I would admit to being sick of rain!




12 comments:

  1. Then come and visit us in "Côte d'Azur" - look how sunny it is:
    http://ohrosedessables.canalblog.com

    And don't worry, everybody feels a lack of inspiration sometimes - particularly at the end of summer - you'll find inspiration again very soon, for sure!

    ++
    Sarah-Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dress & capped off w/ the blazer it looks so professional. Your farmers market looks idyllic too, especially that yummy apricot donut! i know what you mean about being stuck in a rut, I feel like I've worn everything 100x by now and the sun never stops shining, its all fairly stagnant. And people keep asking me what i wanna do before i leave for college & i feel like i've already done everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait hang on, where are you from? Are you from Albany?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am totally wearing that same dress today. i was looking at the picture going hmm, that looks familiar, and then i looked down and went...oh yeah. that's why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I wish I knew about that Farmer's Market. Wait, is that from my bakery?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lorelle: Yes it is! I didn't see you and was in a rush to meet mom before her lunch hour was over, so I didn't call or anything, booo to me :(

    But you should check out the farmer's market! It's there Wednesdays and Fridays from 10-2, I think into October or maybe early November :D It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What time? I was working Wednesday. It was probably during my lunch break between noon and 12:30 wasn't it? How sad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was! Probably just around noon, I had run into that Great Finds thrift shop over on Washington and then went to meet mom for lunch & a trip to find birthday cards!

    Boo, next time I will surely say hello :D I always feel like such in intruder doing that sort of thing, but that is going to have to change!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the dress and shoes. Looks like a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel like an intruder too! But never feel that way with me. I would always be happy to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a terribly cute frock. I saw one rather like it in a catalog..sadly, it was for children!

    I'm so glad that you are also suffering from lack of inspiration, I am too. I currently hate each and every garment I possess and all of their possible combinations. It will pass, I am sure! I can't wait to see what you do for fall/winter.s

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love seeing that footpath you always take your photos on, when I first started reading this blog it was covered in snow, and now it looks beautiful! I linked to you on my blog if you want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete