Thursday, August 7, 2008

Invisible Weekends.

Hello my dears! I am returned from my wonderful weekend spent with friends! I've meant to post something sooner, but days have just been flying by! And I am using so many exclamation points! The weekend was awesome, I sort of can't believe it actually happened and then ended. We went to New York City and did touristy things like running through wax museums and giggling over silly art in MoMa (who wants to take things seriously? Not us, apparently!), as well as frustrating myself with directions (which, honestly, for someone who gets lost in her own city as often as I do, I did very well and deserve a gold star on a cake).







(Pictures shamelessly lifted from my friend's cameras, I need to get myself a nicer one!)

On a more serious note, my car is broken, broken, broken. We put a down payment on a new one last night, but are still shopping around for a few days until that's finalized. It's very difficult being without a car, especially where I live, but the loan payments are going to kill me! Quite honestly I don't make a ton of money, no where near a ton, and these payments are going to curb my spending habits like nothing else! My parents are taking me to NYC again for my birthday on Monday, but after that I've got to be careful! I am slightly, mildly, sort of, kind of, toying with the idea of selling some of my things on ebay for extra monies, but we'll see about that. It is just that I have so many random things that I don't wear, and things I keep picking up from thrift stores, that I ought to do something productive with it!

I have so much catching up to do! I've read most of my usual blogs, but I've still got tags to honor, thank-yous, links, outfits and all that! I'll be around :D

16 comments:

  1. I adore that teapot necklace you're wearing! And I hope you get a chance to get a new camera after the car situation gets sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. from a purely selfish point of view, I kinda wish you might be selling some of your stuff on the internets, 'cos I bet I'd want to buy them!!! Hope the car situation gets better soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. well if you do sell anything give us all here on your blog a heads up cause you have such a fantabulous style and I am sure your cast offs would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look really cute!
    you received a diamond award from me! visit my blog for more information!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great photos, I love nyc, glad you had fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww i loved laughing through the MoMa as well!

    good luck on your car search. ohhh why do we have to be so automobile-dependent?

    ReplyDelete
  7. your NY roaming sounds fun!! and poor car, hope it gets fixed soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel the same way about MOMA. I love to go and oggle.

    It's so irritating that everything costs money, eh? How much more lovely would it be if it was all free...or we were all independently wealthy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful pictures! Too bad about your car. I hope things get better/easier. (I'm very lucky to depend on the kindness of friends for rides and work on campus where I can walk.) Have a fun time in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great photos! and i love your teapot necklace! too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your photos ;) Thanks for linking with me! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow I am glad you had a great time!!! Will definately be stalking your ebay if you decide to sell lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing photos! glad you had fun, I love the MOMA :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. aw!
    car troubles are the worst. WORST!
    i feel your pain.
    i'm sending good car thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute teapot necklace! I want one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That necklace reminds me of the teapot hairsticks from longlocks.com

    Lovely teapot, lovely blog :)

    ReplyDelete