Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Problem Shorts.

Shorts are a new thing for me. This year is the first I've worn them since my earlier years of high school, mostly because I have acquired a few pairs who are so adorable I can hardly stand it, let alone leave them sitting in the drawer all summer.


Optical Illusion Shorts! They're just striped really.

These were a gift from my aunt, and they are delicious! I'm not entirely comfortable in them--they're very short and however misleading my pictures may be I do not have small thighs-- but I cannot resist them. Their shortness seems to be quieted by their waist. I feel like they are easier to get away with since they come up so high, but they are still probably the one article of clothing I feel most self conscious in. It's a funny thing, because they're a rather benign, simple pair of shorts. Neon tights and strange funny dresses or wearing every floral patterned thing I can find are small potatoes in my feeling strange in my small city, somehow these shorts are so much more frightening to me!



At least I have my new hat to lean on. I really do want to wear it every day, and seeing as we are approaching the end of summer, wishful thinking really, I need to don it as often as possible!

17 comments:

  1. I love the hat and the shorts. Gee, summer doesn't seem almost over to me--it's just begun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i too am trying to work my way back in them. it seems to be a big deal this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo love the shorts, they're awesome highwaists! and i don't you just love it when cameras misinterpret stripes and turn it into some pyschadelic hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so crazy pretty and the shorts look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look so incrediebly gorgeous! :) I know that feeling of being really self-conscious about shorts too (like you, my thighs aren't what I usually like to display... rofl!). but you have really put together a lovely outfit around them! :) I love the hat... darn; you're making me want to go out and buy some pretty, summery hats! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm de-lurking to say that i absolutely ADORE your outfit.
    i think you read my mind when you wrote this post - i've been breaking out the shorts this summer as well, and i agree, the high waist makes the shorter length much more comfortable to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shorts are lovely! I'm rather frightened by shorts, I'm just not the best at wearing them...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same relationship with shorts. I've never felt comfortable in them, yet I've given them another shot this summer. I've been seeing some uncommonly cute ones around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look stunning on you, and you look stunning in them. Wear them, and wear them often!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They do look cute! Shorts scare me too, you're not alone in that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are super cute on you!
    And I love your pale skin, I look exactly like you in summer so it's nice to see other girls that don't feel the need to slap on the fake tan or worst still lie in the sun baking yourself- yuk!
    If you had spectators this would be so 1920's, but I love your little heels.
    Always gorgeous Kater.
    LM
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. i totally understand what you mean..and although it's not often fun when the masses adopt a trend you enjoy, it just might make wearing shorts for me, much easier! haha. i've yet to find a great high waisted pair though.. these are fantastic and one of my most favorite outfits that you've posted. and though i understand how you feel, you have to believe that they look great on you cos they do! it might be easy to fool yourself and help you break it in if you wear this outfit on a vacation haha..i'd just tell myself, '"you're on vacation this is a cute outfit for that, so who cares!" :)
    -caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look insanely French! This is my favorite look of yours for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are very cute short i love the high waist! You have a very striking face as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the oufit, and yay, you're wearing that spiffy hat of yours again!

    ReplyDelete