Monday, July 28, 2008

Our Clothes Have Fallen in Love with Each Other

When first we met my love and I
took shelter from the rainy sky
Beneath a crispy, gold baguette
which bended as it did get wet.

It bended gently and it drooped
upon our love as there we stooped
and sheltered from the storm above:
a soggy, golden crown of love.

The sun came out, the piece of bread
lay at our feet all limp and dead.
Greater love. Lest we forget
My love and I, the wet baguette.

-Spring Love Poem, Michael Leunig







16 comments:

  1. Lovely! The first picture and the last are from two of my favorite editorials of all time. Teen Vogue always does such sweet Valentine editorials...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the poem, aww wet baguette :)

    love the photos, the first picture is so sweet, and the half&half of lily cole & the guy is so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i actually "aawww"ed out loud haha. very sweet

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are cute. I especially like the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am so in love with the skirt/dress in that last picture...

    ReplyDelete
  6. one of my favorite posts ever, so beautiful and articulate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet, your blog is always an inspiration Kater.
    LM
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a beautiful poem. I like the first picture

    ReplyDelete
  9. such beautiful images! Inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the kitten picture is the best - so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm obsessed with those last two images. That red-haired model is so lovely. She looks like a little fairy or pixie or something.

    ReplyDelete
  12. adorable. love your blog its so cute

    ReplyDelete