Friday, July 4, 2008

The Fourth of July.


This is not an outfit from today, I am a fraud, but I am going to work for a few hours so I expect it will be all black and white for me again!



Happy Fourth of July! I think it might be the strangest holiday ever, but honestly it has never disappointed (even though it rained last year). When I was little and spent summers in Philadelphia, my cousins and I used to put on a play in their backyard on the 4th. It was always disastrous, mostly because I played the part of a control-freak director who had mental and emotional breakdowns when everyone else could not 'live up to my artistic vision' (not my words, but rather those of a small child, ha!) but we always had fun and there were lovely things like cake and my favorite: fireworks and sparklers.

I love fireworks. I am never sure if I am scared of them or if I actually want to be one. Sparklers are my other favorite, probably more than fireworks, because you can hold them and draw pictures in the air. This year we haven't any for ourselves personally, but we do have some pop thingies:



to wreak havoc on a small scale (I am sure it is frightening for the ants, but I try not to feel too badly about it). Don't you just love the packaging? I think it's fabulous.

13 comments:

  1. HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY! i love that outfit; it's so patriotic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We watched fireworks last night, always fun. Indeed that packaging IS fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha-haa! That "Fake" outfit rules! And so do firecrackers and sparklers. In finnish those are called star-rains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What was the class and why did it make you so angry?
    Your dad sounds like a cool dude! Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your outfit. It's so perfect for the day and still sweet.
    Oh and I HATE it when people tell me to smile or really do anything! I don't take "orders" well, so when someone says "visit my blog--new post" or something else I'm very unlikely to do anything they say! It sort of calls for a "Full House" esque response of "how rude!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 4th of July, this outfit is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your blog it's very inspiring:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you made the red/white/blue look so chic. And the packaging is lovely and vintagey.

    stop by my blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute outfit! i love the vest.(:

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice outfit interpretation. Actually it's my birthday and I always wanted to go to New York for the 4th of July. Must be funny with all the hoo-ha.

    *This little necklace – I could die for it, where did you get that from?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute festive outfit. I also had to work on the 4th of july :(
    No fireworks for me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute festive outfit. I also had to work on the 4th of july :(
    No fireworks for me

    ReplyDelete