Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I am Sticking to Everything I am in Unfortunate Contact With.



Today was the hottest it's been, around 97 degrees, and yet now it is cool and mild out (aside from rain and tornado warnings). This morning though, before propelling myself into the pool, I dragged myself to the thrift store around the corner with no makeup or jewelry, my hair in braids with bows, and in the simplest of dresses.




I ADMIT the briar
Entangled in my hair
Did not injure me

-William Butler Yeats, A Woman Young and Old

I bought this slip at Old Navy the other day, because it is so pretty and delicate, even if its length is a bit awkward for wearing under dresses. I am unable to leave nightgowns and slips hanging, my collection is reaching slightly epic proportions, and yet I cannot resist! I don't even wear them to bed most of the time. They're useful under dresses, adding an extra inch or so to a hem I feel might be too short, eliminating the sheerness of certain dresses, and hanging prettily in front of windows as decorations.

12 comments:

  1. Nice dress. How many slips do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's extremely pretty(but your stuff always is!) as is your garden. I'm assuming it's your garden but it's just dream like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous of all of your slips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blog always makes me so happy. you have a very nice style......

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely dress (I like the top of it). I wish I had nice legs so that I could wear dresses and skirts of that length...

    ReplyDelete
  6. my favorite part of this outfit is the woven ribbon in your hair, such a sweet addition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As amelia, Im curious about how many slips do you own? They are so lovely and your style is so sweet and delicate

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ribbons in your hair look so sweet. I don't think I was made for hot weather either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look so adorable--I love how sweet and simple and summery this outfit is. :) and you know I'm a huge fan of using slips to lengthen a dress (or just for show); it really adds a bit of fun to the dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw this and thought of you!

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0412536/

    ReplyDelete