Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Buttons on Sweaters.





Today is perfect weather, though it won't last, and I've decided to make the most of it. I bought this dress very on sale last week, and was most disgruntled when I discovered it at Marshall's last night for even cheaper! Ahh well, it's worth a few extra dollars to have worn it a few times sooner.



The sweater was thrifted a few weeks ago, it's a Kids XL, and I quickly changed the buttons. I had hoped I would find enough metal buttons in my many boxes but I didn't have enough and they were such different sizes that many of them didn't fit through the button holes.

One of my best friends sent me a book she made, and I have been so terrified to write in it for fear of ruining it. But it's so pretty I want to carry it around as a pretty prop all day.


Hand-Bound Books Christa Rosenkranz.

13 comments:

  1. You look darling! I love raiding the children's sections in stores, though I do fear the funny looks I sometimes get. That is a gorgeous book, you're friend has got talent to have been able to make it. There's nothing so terrifying to me as blank white space, waiting to be filled...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable you are. and what a wonderful notebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second pic shows a little princess girl, wow! And I heart how you heart-customized the sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate writing in new notepads. They look so lovely when they're clean and white...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That book is exquisite! Thank you for posting the link. And I love the dress you're wearing. Do you have a slip on underneath?

    ReplyDelete
  6. so adorable today. very girly but grown up just enough. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so sweet with that dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. also. tag you're it! if you feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh nother beautiful romantic post!
    Love the buttons, I always love details shots.
    The dress is great too, I didn't see you mention where you picked it up?
    It's a very retro floral print.
    LM
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. (Thank you everyone <333)

    Amber: I am! The dress came with one, but I replaced it with one of mine. It has neat little strips of fabric in the shoulders with snaps on them to holy the slip in place, very neat detail!

    LM: It's from American Eagle! I was mildly annoyed to discover it only days after I purchased it at a discount store for a few dollars cheaper, but it's lovely! It reminds me of the floral swathy dresses and blouses from t he 30s I've been lusting after lately!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your clothes, all your posts, and, especially, all those heart-shaped buttons. They are a joy to behold.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so many cute details, your style is so sweet and wonderful.
    x

    ReplyDelete