Saturday, January 5, 2008

We like to match.

I am very scattered and random (a warning!).

Today I shopped a ridiculous amount and spent much more money than I probably should have. On the upside, I managed some really lovely deals and bought practical shoes. I always feel guilty when I spend chunks of money on clothes that aren't thrift acquired, since I know there are plenty of gems lurking around for pennies, but I can also justify my way out of a paper bag.



I borrowed my cousin, Annie's, cardigan for the day, and it was a wonderfully comfortable outfit for lengthy shopping excursions. We also bought two of the same dresses and have yet to decide if it is a little too twee and reminiscent of when we were very young if we wear them together and take pictures. Not seriously, of course, but in a silly manner.



I did go thrifting the other day and bought an armful of slips, some with lovely little vintage tags, and this pretty little blouse form the twenty-five cent rack. I passed up a cropped fur coat that reminded me of something Tenenbaum because I was low on cash, and I've been thinking about it ever since. That is always the way, no?

The greatest thing of the week:


Bee Cake

3 comments:

  1. Great cardigan, you always have excellent style and I'm quite jealous of your hair. Do you curl the ends or is it natural?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh jeez, thanks!!

    My hair is naturally stick-straight, much to my chagrin, so I curl the ends quickly in the morning with a curling iron :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute layering there. I notice you've talked about the beautiful items you left behind in thrift stores. I don't think I ever have left something I loved behind (but that's a bad thing for my budget!).

    ReplyDelete