Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Things I've never owned: Birdcage

Just before Christmas I purchased two fake birds from Target. That's a little bit of a fib, I bought the blue one first and waited till after Christmas to buy the other, who has a little bit of a flesh wound on his chest, with intentions to buy all of them except he was the only one left. In any case, they are sitting on my Compact OED and looking quite happy. They have neat little clips on them as they're meant to be Christmas ornaments, but I couldn't possibly pack them away.

This reminded me that I am rather fond of birdcages. Many times have I come across some spectacular wondrous one at an estate or garage sale that is out of my price range, and what am I going to do with one anyway?

I am however, thinking that I must have one, even if I only use it as a house for faux-birds or books or teacups.

I rather like this one, although I would like to be fanciful and paint it pink or blue or perhaps purple, but I will be keeping my eye on this gorgeous thing. My post-Christmas paycheck is eeking away as we speak.

Of course Etsy yields some lovely tokens.I feel as though I must have a birdcage charm. I also like this onefor its somewhat Gorey-esque aura.

1 comment:

  1. That's the best idea! I want to get a bird so badly but I think I'd get kicked out of my apartment if I did. So I seriously might have to steal your idea and get a fake one and an old bird cage. : )

    PS, I love your blog! I'm adding it to my links if it's OK!

    ReplyDelete